UFC Openweight Tournament

puppybird

the wasteland champ
@Black
Reaction score
As you may have seen Bellator have recently announced an open weight HW tournament starring Frank Mir, Fedor, Rampage, Chael Sonnen, King Mo, Roy Nelson Ryan Bader and Matt Mitrione.

Imagine if the UFC put on an open weight Tournament with all the champs! It would be insane.

Can you imagine Stipe vs Mcgregor

Mighty Mouse vs Cyborg

TJ vs GSP

It would be so great

Make it happen WME!

Yes I could imagine Stipe vs McGregor

tenor.gif

Overeem vs Mighty mouse

You should be banned.

UFC tournament featuring best lhws and hws would be great

I would be the best thing to ever happen in the UFC but they would never do that

oh now I read your matchups, not these retarded matchups, but an actual openweight tournament like the ones in pride

If I was in WME I would give the fans what they wanted, Cormier vs Woodley

Cannot believe no one has ever thought of this before!!!

980x.gif

Let's make an actual OW tourney:
1. Stipe
2. Werdum
3. Ngannou
4. Reem
5. Jones
6. DC
7. JDS
8. Cain

Alternates: Rumble, Gus

Assuming no injuries (How I'd make it):
Round 1:
Cain/ Reem: Cain wins
Stipe/ Jones: Stipe wins
DC/ Werdum: DC wins
Ngannou/ JDS: JDS wins

Round 2:
Cain/ Stipe: GLORIOUS FIGHT. I have Stipe winning, but it'll be tough.
DC/ JDS: DC wins via forcing JDS back to the cage

Round 3:
Stipe/ DC: I have Stipe winning, but DC can win too. This would be a GOAT-level fight.

Good job the Rousey hype train is dead or this thread would be full of people saying she would win it.

Let's make an actual OW tourney:
1. Stipe
2. Werdum
3. Ngannou
4. Reem
5. Jones
6. DC
7. JDS
8. Cain

Alternates: Rumble, Gus

Assuming no injuries (How I'd make it):
Round 1:
Cain/ Reem: Cain wins
Stipe/ Jones: Stipe wins
DC/ Werdum: DC wins
Ngannou/ JDS: JDS wins

Round 2:
Cain/ Stipe: GLORIOUS FIGHT. I have Stipe winning, but it'll be tough.
DC/ JDS: DC wins via forcing JDS back to the cage

Round 3:
Stipe/ DC: I have Stipe winning, but DC can win too. This would be a GOAT-level fight.
My version:

round 1: Cain, Jones, werdum, Ngannou wins. round 2: jones and werdum wins. final- 50/50 fight.

UFC can barely make the champs defend the title.

I actually love openweight tournaments, they are epic if the tourney consists of good fighters. They would never have some of the matchups you suggested TS, those fighters would never do it. But if they did like MW, LHW and HW in UFC that would be fun

My version:

round 1: Cain, Jones, werdum, Ngannou wins. round 2: jones and werdum wins. final- 50/50 fight.
You think Werdum beats DC, and Jones beat Stipe? I don't see Werdum taking DC down and in a striking match DC can KO him. We just saw Marcin Tybura landing good kicks on Werdum. I imagine a bomb from a 250lb DC would KO him like Bigfoot got KOed. As for Jones, he had a lot of trouble with Gus. Stipe is basically a bigger, stronger Gus with a shit-ton more power and pressure.

Cain/ Jones would be lit and more of a tie since Cain lacks power and is a smaller HW at 6'1 240lbs. As for Ngannou/ Werdum: I don't see Werdum taking Ngannou down and holding him there, so he'll probably be KOed on the feet.

Jones/ Werdum would another crazy fight. I don't see Jones wanting to take down Werdum, but then again I can see Jones wanting to take Werdum down to prove a point. On the feet it'd be 50/50. Both are great kickboxers without a lot of power, but both can have power when they need to (Werdum with his knees, and Jones with his elbows and kicks). I pick Werdum since he's tall (some people who've met him in person say he's more like 6'5) and he's fought HWs his entire career. Werdum would be a super Gus with deadly knees and a god-tier ground game.

Back