Why did Rumble retire ... and not just move to HW?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Seriously, Rumble isn't even as old and broken as most HWs .... the elderliest of the elderly are still in that division: Hunt, Arlovski, Nelson, JDS, Wedrum, Cane, Josh Barnettt, Alister Overeeem, Ben fuckin Rothwell

You tellin me Rumble couldn't contend and stand out here

Lacked heart.

Strange to say but not battle hardened like @Clippy veterans.

I heard he was one of those guys who was only in MMA to make money, and that he didn't really like training that much.

Pot sales is easier than getting punched in the face, I'm sure, but is it really more lucrative?

But he can punch people really hard

What else do you need to be a successful HW?

Rumble is a weird guy.

Superbly talented, but there's definitely an impression that he's not quite right.

Seriously, Rumble isn't even as old and broken as most HWs .... the elderliest of the elderly are still in that division: Hunt, Arlovski, Nelson, JDS, Wedrum, Cane, Josh Barnettt, Alister Overeeem, Ben fuckin Rothwell

Because fighting professional fighters for a living SUCKS. I hate to quote Dana White, but if you're considering retiring, you should retire. The fight business is not for people with one foot out the door.

Dude was a badass and could beat anyone in the business standing - he just had a weakness against great grapplers. No shame in that. He may come back, but if not, good luck to him in his post-fighting career.

Because fighting professional fighters for a living SUCKS. I hate to quote Dana White, but if you're considering retiring, you should retire. The fight business is not for people with one foot out the door.

Dude was a badass and could beat anyone in the business standing - he just had a weakness against great grapplers. No shame in that. He may come back, but if not, good luck to him in his post-fighting career.

Nobody retires from MMA

They always come back to compete in Bellator's elderly division

Rumble is a weird guy.

Superbly talented, but there's definitely an impression that he's not quite right.

Well, he's a guy that could probably be a competitive hw, and he was at lhw - yet he still cut (or at times tried to) an extreme amount of weight. That in itself probably goes to show that he's got some issues.

got beat convincingly by fat lhw champ

think he'd do better against even bigger guys? hard to see

got beat convincingly by fat lhw champ

think he'd do better against even bigger guys? hard to see

Did you see some of the names I listed?

where is Bigfoot silva when you need him

Well, he's a guy that could probably be a competitive hw, and he was at lhw - yet he still cut (or at times tried to) an extreme amount of weight. That in itself probably goes to show that he's got some issues.
As you say, his repeated attempts to fight far below his natural class show an underlying insecurity. As does his sudden and nonsensical retirement, and his tendency to quit when put under intense pressure.

He's also got a history of being volatile personally, having been accused of domestic abuse by 3 exes. Also the yoga mat thing, but I'm not sure how much significance that has.

Smart move to retire.

In the end, he probably didnt take too much long term damage.

Go up and fight monsters who will wreck your brain? No thanks.

Lacked heart.

Strange to say but not battle hardened like @Clippy veterans.

if only he was a "Just Bleed" MMArtist

fDDripX.png

The fight game is 90% mental. If you have even the smallest doubts about your self and lack motivation, you should not be stepping into the octagon.

He said he didn't want to get punched in the head for a living any more.
Moving to HW is not going to alleviate that problem

He wanted to win championships and the top heavyweights would give him the same problems that DC did. Sad, cuz he KO's 90% of the HW roster. I would have liked to see that.

Back