If Rory beats Lima...

KantoTerror

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is it safe to say....Bellator WW champ >>> UFC WW Champ?
g6_RoA.gif

tumblr_n76z7tL0He1rofocqo1_400.gif

nkjVUpN.gif

i think that was over 3 1/2 years ago. I'm not sure Rory is the same fighter after all those wars.

Yes. If Lima beats Rory, it’s also safe to say that Bellator WW champ >>> UFC WW champ.

Macdonald would win again but that doesnt mean the Bellator belt is more prestigious. Just a bad style matchup

Lima better than Woodley . Circle jerk

H2H? Yes.
Against the rest of the division? Maybe not.

Rory's last fight in the UFC against Thompson was probably the worst performance of his career. He's only one fight removed from that.

Rory is better than Woodley but not Wonderboy. Styles make fights, it is rare that we have a dominant champ against all or most styles. Rory isn't ever going to be GSP.

Rory > Tyron but Wonderboy > Rory and Tyron neutralised Wonderboy.

I think there is a presumption that the UFC is always the best and the other MMA organizations are not competitive. However, that was proven false with Strikeforce. Many Strikeforce fighters came into the UFC and did exceptionally well. I think the UFC is clearly the premier organization due to roster depth, but Bellator is willing to pay more and will attract former UFC talent like the recent MacDonald and Mousasi signings. Bellator is also very actively pursuing graduating top NCAA D1 wrestlers to build a strong farm team for the future. Coker knows what he is doing and the UFC has some credibility issues and fighter treatment issues. The Reebok sponsorship was a debacle for the fighters and the fact that the UFC doesn't have a company sponsored health care program for their fighters is silly given that the fighters are the product they are selling at the end of the day.

I think there is a presumption that the UFC is always the best and the other MMA organizations are not competitive. However, that was proven false with Strikeforce. Many Strikeforce fighters came into the UFC and did exceptionally well. I think the UFC is clearly the premier organization due to roster depth, but Bellator is willing to pay more and will attract former UFC talent like the recent MacDonald and Mousasi signings. Bellator is also very actively pursuing graduating top NCAA D1 wrestlers to build a strong farm team for the future. Coker knows what he is doing and the UFC has some credibility issues and fighter treatment issues. The Reebok sponsorship was a debacle for the fighters and the fact that the UFC doesn't have a company sponsored health care program for their fighters is silly given that the fighters are the product they are selling at the end of the day.
Just imagine if Bellator gets Gus for example. UFC LHW is dead after Cormier retires.

Yes. If Lima beats Rory, it’s also safe to say that Bellator WW champ >>> UFC WW champ.

And if Lima beats Rory than Ben Askren is still the best damn welterweight on the planet.

Bellator has the better WW division. Venum, Daley, Koreshkov

They are fairly equal but Bellators top guys are a lot younger. So unless the UFC pays the money to steal Lima or Koreshkov they are going to clearly have the worse division in a year when the old ufc guys decline

Cmon my man. Ben Askren has been irrelevant for years.
Out of sight but not out of mind.

He just turned 33 with no injuries suffered and little damage taken there is no reason to think he shouldn't still be elite for another year or two before he declines.

Back