Power went out during Werdum - Tybura fight

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Needless to say I really wasn't THAT upset.

Sittting through an entire main card of boring mostly split decisions did not really amp me up for the main event at all. There is UFC 217, then there are cards like this...

Anyways upon getting the power back I see that yet another DEC was in store for the main event - now I don't hate all decisions, just many of them happen to drag on and be boring and have no real satisfying feel for who actually won, this card especially. BUT--

for a 5 rounder main event I really would like to get a feel for if it's actually worth watching or not from you guys. Was this fight at all entertaining or was it boring? Just average?

Thanks.

It wasn't a bad fight, but Tybura has got to have the least power of any HW. It was mostly Marcin trying hard not to lose by finish.

the fight wasn't that exciting, I don't think you missed much

I didn't mind the fight, it had it's moments. Werdum keeping a great pace (for a 40yo HW), slightly outclassing Tybura everywhere. Both guys had their moments, particularly Tybura, when he landed two head kicks. One of them looked to stun Werdum for a second but he recovered pretty quickly. Tybura survived the grappling of Werdum, which is pretty impressive.

Tybura needs to learn some better boxing fundamentals, I think that's his main problem. He flails a bit wild in the pocket and his defense and overall boxing game is just...weird. Mike Winklejohn is definitely not the guy be needs to be training under. He's going to end up doing his best impression of Carlos Condit, but it won't be nearly as effective at HW.

Werdum flew around the cage landing showtime kicks and supermans at will. couple of bicycle kicks too. foty imo

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wasn't the greatest fight. Thought Werdum would get some slick submission. But he just out-pointed him to a decision. Don't think he should get the next title-shot after an average performance.

I agree with it was alright. Not great, not bad.

Surprising that both men at hw were still not fully gassed in the 5th. So there was that.

Very underwhelming fight for Werdum imo. Thought he would outclass him and finish him. Damn BJJ guys suck at TDs.

Wasn't the greatest fight. Thought Werdum would get some slick submission. But he just out-pointed him to a decision. Don't think he should get the next title-shot after an average performance.
Agreed.

You need to pay yo bills

Good for a heavyweight fight, but not must see material

Back