30, 40, 50 years from now, the GOAT's will be remembered

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I see a lot of children on the forum constantly bickering about the endless debate of who's "GOAT", and it's as if some of you cant just appreciate each fighters greatness for what it is, there's this obsession with splitting hairs and spinning a thousand arguments just to say one guy is greater than the other.

In the end, there is simply no way to compare Fedor to Anderson, or GSP to Jones, or whatever. They were different types of fighters, they were in different weight classes, and they fought different opponents. Neither guy was perfect, and you could make an argument for or against any of them,.

ANDERSON had the longest win streak, was the best pure striker of the group, and finished his opponents in spectacular fashion while making it look easy like he's only half trying. His haters will argue that MW was not that strong during his reign.
<6>

GSP was a perfectionist who was better than anyone at changing levels and deciding where the fight takes place, didn't take many risks, and gave his opponents no room to amount any offensive. His haters will argue that he played it safe and doesn't deserve as much credit for not getting finishes.
<GSPWoah>

JONES had some freakish skills, and was a very quick learner who used his insane size and reach better than anyone. His haters will argue that he only beat guys cause he was much bigger and avoided his natural weight class.
<mma1>

FEDOR was a machine, fought at HW, was a small HW himself, and always seemed to find a way to win. Haters will say a lot of the guys he beat were cans.
<Fedor23>

How bout looking at both sides of the argument? None of them are perfect, and there is no clear number one, the lengths some of you go to, when you try to discredit one of these legends in making a case for your mancrush, is disturbing. It's fine if people wanna say "I agree Fedor was great, but in my opinion GSP was better" for example. But why is it that when you wanna big one guy up, you always gotta completely shit on the other?

Last but not least, all you kids crying about roids, and using them as an argument against Anderson or Jones, grow up. Anyone delusional enough to say those guys are somehow disqualified from this conversation because they got busted while the other two didn't is living in fantasy land. GSP was on PED's at some point, and Fedor was sure as hell on them during his Pride days especially.

30, 40, 50 years from now, people will look back at this era of mma as the years when fighters were roiding, some got caught, some flew under the radar, is normal. But the greats will remain the greats, and when our grandkids look up who the greatest fighters of these generations were, they will keep coming across the same 4 names no doubt.

I actually wonder if fedor will be remembered, not fighting under the ufc makes me think he will be forgotten.

Well compared to the Anderson and GSP's etc.

Jones will be remembered for the biggest fuck up.

At the rate the game is changing none of them will be considered GOAT in 50 years.

1e15263775fb47e3c3c76f926ab2caad.jpg

TS

who do we remember the most in boxing from like 40 - 50 years ago???

ALI.... he was a great boxer (not the best, he lost a couple of times) but he was the BEST TRASH TALKER and therefore the best in SELLING HIS FIGHTS.

Casuals don´t mention Monzon, Mano de Piedra Duran, Ken Norton (my favourite HW from the 70s).... they don´t even remember rocky marciano....

guess who will be remembered by casuals in 40 - 50 years?

In 50 years we will have 70 / 80 / 90 and we will be the only guys who will be still watching MMA and having this same debate on this forum

I see a lot of children on the forum constantly bickering about the endless debate of who's "GOAT", and it's as if some of you cant just appreciate each fighters greatness for what it is, there's this obsession with splitting hairs and spinning a thousand arguments just to say one guy is greater than the other.

In the end, there is simply no way to compare Fedor to Anderson, or GSP to Jones, or whatever. They were different types of fighters, they were in different weight classes, and they fought different opponents. Neither guy was perfect, and you could make an argument for or against any of them,.

ANDERSON had the longest win streak, was the best pure striker of the group, and finished his opponents in spectacular fashion while making it look easy like he's only half trying. His haters will argue that MW was not that strong during his reign.
<6>

GSP was a perfectionist who was better than anyone at changing levels and deciding where the fight takes place, didn't take many risks, and gave his opponents no room to amount any offensive. His haters will argue that he played it safe and doesn't deserve as much credit for not getting finishes.
<GSPWoah>

JONES had some freakish skills, and was a very quick learner who used his insane size and reach better than anyone. His haters will argue that he only beat guys cause he was much bigger and avoided his natural weight class.
<mma1>

FEDOR was a machine, fought at HW, was a small HW himself, and always seemed to find a way to win. Haters will say a lot of the guys he beat were cans.
<Fedor23>

How bout looking at both sides of the argument? None of them are perfect, and there is no clear number one, the lengths some of you go to, when you try to discredit one of these legends in making a case for your mancrush, is disturbing. It's fine if people wanna say "I agree Fedor was great, but in my opinion GSP was better" for example. But why is it that when you wanna big one guy up, you always gotta completely shit on the other?

Last but not least, all you kids crying about roids, and using them as an argument against Anderson or Jones, grow up. Anyone delusional enough to say those guys are somehow disqualified from this conversation because they got busted while the other two didn't is living in fantasy land. GSP was on PED's at some point, and Fedor was sure as hell on them during his Pride days especially.

30, 40, 50 years from now, people will look back at this era of mma as the years when fighters were roiding, some got caught, some flew under the radar, is normal. But the greats will remain the greats, and when our grandkids look up who the greatest fighters of these generations were, they will keep coming across the same 4 names no doubt.

finger (2).gif

ben.gif

Saku pissed.gif

TS

ALI.... he was a great boxer (not the best, he lost a couple of times) but he was the BEST TRASH TALKER and therefore the best in SELLING HIS FIGHTS.

Casuals don´t mention Monzon, Mano de Piedra Duran, Ken Norton (my favourite HW from the 70s).... they don´t even remember rocky marciano....

Casuals, like these barbers, definitely remember Rocky Marciano!

In 50 years we will have 70 / 80 / 90 and we will be the only guys who will be still watching MMA and having this same debate on this forum

Conor has a fucking lot to achieve to do what Ali did in boxing. Shit talking isn't everything. you need to fight, defend belts and fight the best there is. So far Conor is far from doing so, chasing "superfights" against nate diaz. pathetic.

TS

You don’t need to remind me that most people are sheep, I already know that. This isn’t really a thread about what uneducated morons will remember, it’s more for the fans, if you’re posting on sherdog and reading this you’re probably not a casual.

Im not a Ronda Rousey fan....believe me.....but in 50 years she MIGHT be the only person remembered from this period in MMA. The rest are great fighters, but didnt really leave their mark on the sport.

I actually wonder if fedor will be remembered, not fighting under the ufc makes me think he will be forgotten.

Well compared to the Anderson and GSP's etc.

Jones will be remembered for the biggest fuck up.

Pride FOREVER!

Dana and Joe won't let that happen!
$39.95 for 4-5 BANANAS match-ups?
Makes me cry just thinking about the main event cancellations we have today for $59.95

IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG

Soccer Kicks were allowed!

I agree completely. I have nothing but respect for all of them.

Also I feel like Aldo should be on that list as well if he beats Max.

What about this man, who is en route to become the greatest and most violent martial artist of all time?

the-duality-of-platinum-mike-perry-sublime-and-ridiculous333_vice_670.jpg

Back