Woodley did fight the clear #1 contender 3 times in a row.

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wonderboy was without question the unanimous #1 contender, even beat Robert Whittaker on his path to the title. Woodley fought him twice!!!!

Then fought Maia right after that. Before Maia fought Masividal, everyone was saying he already deserved a title shot. The UFC even promised him a title shot, he still went out and beat Masividal anyway...making it even more clear he was the #1 unanimous contender at WW. Woodley fought him.

Unlike Conor who never defends or Bisping who fought a senior citizen, Woodley went out and fought the #1 contender.

He deserves a money fight imo

Last edited:
You need to be a draw or exciting to get those money fights

The problem is Woodley isn't a money fight for anyone. He's called out Conor, GSP, both Diaz bros, no one's interested.

Fight? Is that what you call that?

Sure he defended three times thats what you're supposed to do dummies. This is like saying "i support my kids" no shit you're supposed to. And likewise champion for pay and fame is supposed to fight top contenders.

Conor is a bum champ Woodley is not.

Woodley doesnt deserve anything but another top contender. Where you get this idea fighters deserve easy or money fights? Thats why UFC is shit show it is.

The problem is Woodley isn't a money fight for anyone. He's called out Conor, GSP, both Diaz bros, no one's interested.
Im sure it has nothing to do with them being afraid of losing. Tyron is sooooo unskilled, according to Sherdog, yet he fucked up numerous people that spanked Rory and still has his belt. This is not about him not being a draw. People are afraid of losing to him, and the fact that is also not being called out shows the bias going on.

Fight? Is that what you call that?

Sure he defended three times thats what you're supposed to do dummies. This is like saying "i support my kids" no shit you're supposed to. And likewise champion for pay and fame is supposed to fight top contenders.

Conor is a bum champ Woodley is not.

This right here. Champs defending a couple times expecting big money freakshow fights is ridiculous. These should be reserved for champs who have thoroughly cleaned out their division.

And they were boring fights

I do agree that currently there is no clear #1 contender

But calling out a mediocre lw fighter or an overrated ww fighter who has been inactive is pretty pathetic

He deserves no money fights at the moment
He's deluded if he thinks a Diaz brother = a money fight

Im sure it has nothing to do with them being afraid of losing. Tyron is sooooo unskilled, according to Sherdog, yet he fucked up numerous people that spanked Rory and still has his belt. This is not about him not being a draw. People are afraid of losing to him, and the fact that is also not being called out shows the bias going on.

Who has he fucked up? Woodley is one of the weakest champs in the division.

I think Woodley is an underrated draw. Woodley vs wonderboy was on the first NY card and did 1.3 million buys. lots of ppl saw him.

He did 300k in the rematch of a draw. Ppl weren't really excited for that rematch at all. still did 300k, bigger than Holm, DJ, Nunes, Tony Fergouson. Pretty much bigger than every UFC this year except the GSP vs Bisping card.

300k is a decent # and then was on the Cormier vs Jones 2 PPV....did about 860k lots of ppl watched. He is an underrated draw, not huge but def middle of the pack

Wonderboy was without question the unanimous #1 contender, even beat Robert Whittaker on his path to the title. Woodley fought him twice!!!!

Then fought Maia right after that. Before Maia fought Masividal, everyone was saying he already deserved a title shot. The UFC even promised him a title shot, he still went out and beat Masividal anyway...making it even more clear he was the #1 unanimous contender at WW. Woodley fought him.

Unlike Conor who never defends or Bisping who fought a senior citizen, Woodley went out a fought the #1 contender.

He deserves a money fight imo

agreed. Tyron gets a disproportional amount of shit. He's a true champion

2 times I saw WB's jaw land in the upper deck.

or he could have been like conor and just stopped fighting after he won the title. Lawler got "fucked up" wayyyy worse against Woodley than Eddie did against Conor.

I agree he definitely deserves kind of a freak show/money fight, but I don't know who that can possibly be. I wanted to see him fight Whittaker while Bisping was busy with GSP. Now.....? Maybe Anderson if he can get himself sorted out.

This right here. Champs defending a couple times expecting big money freakshow fights is ridiculous. These should be reserved for champs who have thoroughly cleaned out their division.
Yes when everyone knows before your next fight you're gonna win - Like Silva vs GSP woulda been appropriate since both cleaned divisions twice and everyone knew no one stood a chance. So why not. Sadly the only money fight that made sense never happened.

Tyron has a long way to go before people believe he's not beatable. Like don't get draws and split decisions and fight way more ppls.

Other fighters owe him nothing. As champ, the only leverage he has is that he holds the belt, and that compels guys who want to be champ to fight him. Nobody else has any reason to give a shit about Woodley.

If he wants some big payday, he needs to convince fans that he's worth clamoring for. That's the only way anybody is going to feel the need to give him a fight against opponents other than title contenders in his division.

Unlike Conor who never defends or Bisping who fought a senior citizen, Woodley went out and fought the #1 contender.

So in other words he's just like Mighty Mouse, Stipe Miocic, Amanda Nunes, Cody Garbrandt, Daniel Cormier, and Joanna J.

Okay, great.

How is diaz even a money fight? Why are people acting like hes some sort of draw?

So in other words he's just like Mighty Mouse, Stipe Miocic, Amanda Nunes, Cody Garbrandt, Daniel Cormier, and Joanna J.

Okay, great.

yes just like DJ and Joanna(before she lost) but those two only can do 100k buys if they headline. Woodley is the 3rd biggest draw of the year.

Woodley is bad matchup for all the fighters in the "money fight" category.

Back