How can you call yourself an MMA/UFC fan if you...

7.62x39

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
defend Conor's actions and come up with 10000000 excuses why he shouldn't/didn't defend his title? Call yourself a Conor fan. Not an MMA/UFC fan. :/

crawl back into your mothers basement newb

defend Conor's actions and come up with 10000000 excuses why he shouldn't/didn't defend his title?

How about because every single UFC fighter would've also made the same decisions with regards to title defenses that Conor did. They all would've taken the shot at the second belt, they all would've fought Mayweather.

Other fighters complain, but they wouldn't have defended either.

Right now, however, Conor should defend. But any complaining that he should've already defended is friggin' stupid.

Someone said in another thread that conor technically defended his title vs Aldo. I must be stupid to not know that... hmmm....

defend Conor's actions and come up with 10000000 excuses why he shouldn't/didn't defend his title? Call yourself a Conor fan. Not an MMA/UFC fan. :/
You can say the same for Lesnar fans when he got his highly undeserving title shot.
You can say this about A LOT of fighters who got easy path to tiutle shots they did not deserve based purely on being "popular"....

But at the end of the day, you gotta be mad at the UFC for allowing Conor to be Conor.
Because they could have imposed a lot of shit to him, and yet they did not.
They could have even prevented him from fighting a Boxing match.
And they could have certainly barred him from fighting for the LW belt until he defended his FW title either by awarding a (highly deserving) rematch against Aldo or against Frankie.

IMO UFC is a lot more responsible for this. Because Conor is doing what's best for him.
But UFC is just thinking out of greed, and completely killing the sport of MMA in the process.

He made all the right decisions for himself up until now.

If you want blame anyone, blame the UFC for enabling him and creating a monster while failing to create additional monsters to offset him.

I just want to be entertained. That's why I like MMA in the first place.

Were you crying just as much when Aldo, Cruz, Pettis, Cain and whoever else was taking YEARS before they defended? Also, most champs defend once a year if not longer. I really like the recent champs for defending so much. But before, once a year was normal.

It JUST hit the 1 year mark. I'll give him a pass since he did fight a few months ago despite it being in boxing. He still got hurt and need time to rest. He is still however, much more active than your other "GOATs" in Aldo, Cruz, Pettis, Cain etc.

Maybe you will hate on him less if he make up some injury like RDA, Aldo and the rest of your "GOATs"

You can say the same for Lesnar fans when he got his highly undeserving title shot.
You can say this about A LOT of fighters...
But at the end of the day, you gotta be mad at the UFC for allowing Conor to be Conor.
Because they could have imposed a lot of shit to him, and yet they did not.
They could have even prevented him from fighting a Boxing match.
And they could have certainly barred him from fighting for the LW belt until he defended his FW belt either by awarding a highly deserving rematch against Aldo or against Frankie.

IMO UFC is a lot more responsible for this. Because Conor is doing what's best for him.
But UFC is just thinking out of greed, and completely killing the sport of MMA in the process.

just to be fair, it's a 50/50. I don't hate Conor. I just wanna see him fight even if he owns all of his opponents. I'm always excited to see any champ defend his title. I don't have a favorite, to be honest. Just annoys me when Conor fans will defend him to the end of time like they're getting a cut from his checks or something. Com'on.. We paid $$$ to watch these guys fight. Not defend their actions.

Were you crying just as much when Aldo, Cruz, Pettis, Cain and whoever else was taking YEARS before they defended? Also, most champs defend once a year if not longer. I really like the recent champs for defending so much. But before, once a year was normal.

It JUST hit the 1 year mark. I'll give him a pass since he did fight a few months ago despite it being in boxing. He still got hurt and need time to rest. He is still however, much more active than your other "GOATs" in Aldo, Cruz, Pettis, Cain etc.

Maybe you will hate on him less if he make up some injury like RDA, Aldo and the rest of your "GOATs"

fuck, i was shit talking about them on facebook before I even found out about sherdog.com.

4 belts and no defenses has to be some kind of record though.

Someone said in another thread that conor technically defended his title vs Aldo. I must be stupid to not know that... hmmm....
he had an interim b/c aldo pulled out of their scheduled fight and conor beat the replacement....then beat aldo to unify..

he had an interim b/c aldo pulled out of their scheduled fight and conor beat the replacement....then beat aldo to unify..

so that's defending his title then, correct?

Answer: You can't. If he doesn't defend his belt against Tony in his next fight, he's officially a joke. And I'm usually a big McGregor supporter.

Answer: You can't. If he doesn't defend his belt against Tony in his next fight, he's officially a joke. And I'm usually a big McGregor supporter.

I never discredited Conor's performance and would like to see him fight more because I enjoyed it, but dude just don't...lol.. I'd pay for all his title defenses, if he ever goes that route. No joke. I always pay for good fights even though I can watch it for free online.

Back