Ill Will Brooks. Is it Time?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I have to say I'm rather shocked by Will Brooks disappointing run within the UFC. He showed some promise during his Bellator stint, and I thought he'd make some waves at 155 in the UFC. However, I think at 31 he's plateaued with his skill set and his much vaunted wrestling and clinch game became exposed by the bigger, stronger, and more skilled fighters in the UFC.

Brooks burned his bridges with Coker, so I highly doubt he can go back to Bellator. Maybe he can excel at One Championship or ACB MMA, but I think he's getting cut and probably deservedly so.

Nah brooks 2018 champ I believe

Yeah pretty awful stretch he has had here. I thought he would be better, but only seems like a middle of the road fighter TBH.

I couldn't believe that Nik Lentz fight. He was looking good and then.... that takedown
{<doc}

I say one more fight. Against a Joe Lauzon, Jim Miller, Erik Koch.

I have to say I'm rather shocked by Will Brooks disappointing run within the UFC. He showed some promise during his Bellator stint, and I thought he'd make some waves at 155 in the UFC. However, I think at 31 he's plateaued with his skill set and his much vaunted wrestling and clinch game became exposed by the bigger, stronger, and more skilled fighters in the UFC.

Brooks burned his bridges with Coker, so I highly doubt he can go back to Bellator. Maybe he can excel at One Championship or ACB MMA, but I think he's getting cut and probably deservedly so.
tenor.gif

Forget plateau, his skill set seems to have regressed.

His striking looks forced and there’s no commitment in his takedown attempts. He seems to be fighting with no confidence.

It would be foolish to write him off BUT he’s gotta put in the work and it all starts with the striking imo. Brooks NEEDS to feel comfortable on the feet and the rest of his game will open up.

Maybe extensive work with Cordeiro or a trip out to Thailand might help.

Forget plateau, his skill set seems to have regressed.

His striking looks forced and there’s no commitment in his takedown attempts. He seems to be fighting with no confidence.

It would be foolish to write him off BUT he’s gotta put in the work and it all starts with the striking imo. Brooks NEEDS to feel comfortable on the feet and the rest of his game will open up.

Maybe extensive work with Cordeiro or a trip out to Thailand might help.

Always thought his striking was his biggest weakness, his striking doesn't look fluid or natural to me.

Brother, its like he didn't learn anything from the Do Bronx fight.
Yeah that fight with Do Bronx I couldn't believe that one either! I figured Oliveira was going to be competitive until he remembered he was Oliveira and somehow lose the fight but that didn't happen either.
gX59V5hYSsaxpDmWkOoR_damnit.gif

Yeah that fight with Do Bronx I couldn't believe that one either! I figured Oliveira was going to be competitive until he remembered he was Oliveira and somehow lose the fight but that didn't happen either.
gX59V5hYSsaxpDmWkOoR_damnit.gif

Seemed liked to me that Brooks had a highly inflated sense of self worth even though he hasn't done anything in the UFC.

hope he's not cut but it doesn't help that he's generally been a non-exciting fighter, his one win was even lackluster against a mediocre opponent.

he just needs to win, seems like he making basic mental mistakes in there that someone with his experience should not make

getting cut though could make him angry again and you know what ang lee says, don't make me ang lee, you wouldn't like me when I'm ang lee

Deserves / should get a final shot at a top 10 fighter. Lose and get cut.

Back