If Rashad Evans loses his next fight and doesn't retire, will the UFC cut him?

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
Rashad Evans has said that his next fight will be at Light Heavyweight.

He's 38 years old and is on a 4 fight losing streak.

If he loses his next fight and doesn't announce his retirement, do you guys think the UFC will cut him?

I think the UFC will cut him, and then he signs with Bellator (aka the dumping ground for the UFC) and retires there.

Likely.

He'll end up in Bellator if that's the case.

Likely.

He'll end up in Bellator if that's the case.
end of thread. In this era, there are no more deals where you get to have anal sex with dana and stay employed forever like Liddell and Hughes.

Really tough to cut former champs. I doubt they'll do it, cause he's a good stepping stone for future prospects. Have they ever straight up cut a former champ? I know Tim Sylvia got released on his own terms, but I don't know that they've ever just cut former champs.

I don't know if they will cut him...the UFC has a soft spot for the early early guys on TUF...

He probably goes to bellator...
I don't think he will be ok with being a gatekeeper (...which he allready is ..losing a dec to Kelly...imo)

Who is he fighting at LHW?

I don't think they should just cut him.

He'll probably fight Shogun although at this point Rashad doesn't deserve a fight with him.

BJ and Arlovski are/were still under contract despite 5 consecutive losses, so you never know.

Lol, the UFC needs all the LHW's it can get right now.

No the UFC aren't gonna someone with Rashad's name recognition.

Andrei lost 5 in a row and wasn't cut for example.

I was shocked at how bad he looked at MW.

Rashad is a successful businessman. I think he's just trying to go out on a win.

I say wait until he's on a 10 fight losing streak and has enough CTE that he doesn't even realize it.

Then book him "fun fights" and "money fights"

I was shocked at how bad he looked at MW.
Yeah, I think he needs to fight bigger guys. He's really planning this out well I think.

The problem is all the guys beating him are too small. So he has to move up.

They'll let him finish his career with the UFC if he's only looking for 1 or 2 more fights. If he wants a long-term deal, he'll probably be forced to try Bellator IMO. Still can't believe he lost to Kelly and Alvey back to back.

Rashad is way too hesitant and tentative and doesn't let go. Sure in the past he was fine, but the last 4 or 5 years he has become very tentative and doesn't let his hands go and his wrestling seems to have become non-existent. Last few fights at LHW he lost and last few fights at MW he lost.. I don't think its anything to do with the weightclass.. its him not letting go and just staring for the most part.

Back