Any news on UFC 220 main event?

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's only a couple of months out, is the DC fight in jeopardy now? What other main events could be possible? Will it be another last minute scramble like 219 to fill it?

yeah it sucks and I was looking forward to going to Boston for it

DC vs Gus?

They need to stack the card as it’s the same night as Bellator Rory vs Lima, Chandler vs Goiti, and maybe Sonnen vs Rampage

DC vs Gus?

They need to stack the card as it’s the same night as Bellator Rory vs Lima, Chandler vs Goiti, and maybe Sonnen vs Rampage

Will be curious to see what direction they go with it. Stack the card to try and crush Bellators numbers.

Or put out a crap card aimed only at their bottom baseline that will buy every card regardless so they don't waste big names on a night people have the option to watch just as good of a main event for free if they have Spike.

Last edited:
Ariel's doing MMA Hour right now and he teased some possible news he may have on an additional title fight being discussed for 220. I think he may be talking Stipe vs. Cain.

I live in Massachusetts so I sure do hope it's a good main event, otherwise I probably won't go.

I hope not. Just hearing Cain's name makes me think he's not gonna make full camp. That's where DC comes in though...
I can see it now. Cain trains and is injured 3 weeks out. Werdum trains for exactly such an occasion, but demands $1.25 million plus PPV points to step in. UFC balks, Stipe sits, and 220 is headlined by....Lineker v Rivera.

Ariel's doing MMA Hour right now and he teased some possible news he may have on an additional title fight being discussed for 220. I think he may be talking Stipe vs. Cain.

Cain? Lmfao he hasn't fought since UFC 200 everyone knows the Ngannou vs Overeem winner gets the shot

IF it were up to me the main card would look like

Tony vs Diaz for interim
DC vs Werdum @ catchweight
Gunnar vs Till
Costa vs Branch
Font vs Almedia

Back