Tai "Bam Bam" Tuivasa - Legit HW Prospect

beastman

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
24 y/o, 6-0 all 1st round T/KO's. Blows up Rashad Coulter(probably not UFC level) with a flying knee. Who does he get next? Do you think he's legit? Can the UFC find other HW's like him?

Reminded me of travis browne without bambi legs

Mini Hunt is probably the ceiling. He hasn't grappled yet in his fights. If he gets that weight behind a strike though, damn.

Mini Hunt is probably the ceiling. He hasn't grappled yet in his fights. If he gets that weight behind a strike though, damn.

I agree. He looks somewhat flat footed but then again Hunt does, too.

He looked good, his age is what caught my eye though, because everyone else is ancient in that division, but he is 24 which could be a huge factor moving forward. Maybe give him Curtis Blaydes next

He looked good, his age is what caught my eye though, because everyone else is ancient in that division, but he is 23 which could be a huge factor moving forward. Maybe give him Curtis Blaydes next

Yeah, Tuivasa is 24, Blaydes 26, Nganno 31(v. Overeem at UFC 218), Stipe 35.

No clue where Tuivasa's grappling is. Blaydes can wrestle.

looks a good prospect.. really untested.. has the size and the tools for HW.. and hes no doubt a tough mother fucker.

He looked good, his age is what caught my eye though, because everyone else is ancient in that division, but he is 24 which could be a huge factor moving forward. Maybe give him Curtis Blaydes next
He aint ready for Blaydes at all. I say keep him away from wrestlers for a little bit. Let him bang a little first bro

Looked like a fatty with genetics for fighting
Probably get subbed when he fights someone with a blue belt

Curtis Blaydes
Justin Ledet
Chase Sherman
Justin Willis
Daniel Spitz
Arjan Bhullar
Marcelo Golm
Junior Albini
Luis Henrique
Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
Adam Wieczorek

Other younger heavyweights that signed recently.
I expect the top 10 to look very differently in the next 2-3 years.

just for stand-up he's the best HW prospect in a long time

Bring him up slowly, far too easy too get too many miles on the clock very quickly at hw. 2 or 3 more low ranked guys and then gradually raise the level of competition. Guys young and looks exciting

Rashad Coultier is very game. He looked away though right before the knee when he reacted to the leg kick.

Bring him up slowly, far too easy too get too many miles on the clock very quickly at hw. 2 or 3 more low ranked guys and then gradually raise the level of competition. Guys young and looks exciting

I'd probably agree with you. He did have a knee surgery which recently put him on the shelf.

24 y/o, 6-0 all 1st round T/KO's. Blows up Rashad Coulter(probably not UFC level) with a flying knee. Who does he get next? Do you think he's legit? Can the UFC find other HW's like him?

It's HW, anyone with a sliver of talent can crack the top 15.

It's so shallow most 5-15 LHW's would be top 10 if they moved up

It's HW, anyone with a sliver of talent can crack the top 15.

It's so shallow most 5-15 LHW's would be top 10 if they moved up

LHW might actually be slimmer than HW at the moment with Bader, Davis and Krylov outside the UFC. Latifi is #9 on sherdog's top ten, he'd get crushed.

just for stand-up he's the best HW prospect in a long time
I beg to differ:

Gokhan-Saki.jpg

Back