Why don't Diaz bro's fight much?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do they dislike fighting or something?

They've turned down how many fights over the years....??

Cause Conor is not available.

I think I've heard one of them say they don't like fighting and it's just a money thing and a couple fuck the ufc

the guy that has fought more times in the UFC than almost all doesn't like fighting

sherdog logic

Last edited:
Something something keepin it real something something middle fingers

As for Nick, the UFC is bitter against him

His fight with Gomi scared the shit out of them and forced them to buy Pride

He carried Strikeforce, forcing the UFC to eventually buy them.

He cost the UFC a lot of money so they're bitter

Nick at least is very open about not actually liking being a fighter he just doesn't see himself making that kind of money anywhere else. But obviously even that as his motivation wore thin after a while

Theyll get around to it right now cheetohs on the couch giggling at Rick n Morty.

Ironically
, they’ve been paid too much So now they only come out for huge prize fights

My assumption - They have enough money now from the Conor paydays (I'm assuming that Nate shares the wealth) that they don't have to risk brain trauma and assorted other injuries to feed their families.

Because being inactive and whining rather than fighting has paid off big for them. Hard to think of two fighters that got more opportunities they deserved less.

It's all about the money now

Nick Diaz currently on a 3 fight losing streak and doesn't wanna fight. Probably spends more time at the club than the gym. Doubt he can beat any top 10 fighters. He had hype years ago but he was overrated, who did he ever beat? Paul Daley, BJ Penn... Nick Diaz has a losing UFC record he's 5-7

I'm sure Nick Diaz would show up for the right paycheck but who can he fight at this point.

Doubt Nate Diaz ever fights anyone that is not Conor Mcgregor, UFC paid him like shit for years. I can understand him waiting for the Mcgregor fight, he wants to get paid and no one else will get him paid like Mcgregor. Nate Diaz might have made more in his 1st Mcgregor fight than he did in his whole career prior.

I'm honestly sick of fighters begging for money fights though, they sound desperate and broke.

I suspect its down to there somewhat unique position as fighters. There not massive draws BUT they do seem to draw in a fanbase that few others fighters do, you look at mega draws like GSP and Conor and there biggest PPV's(as sole draw anyway) were against a Diaz brother.

That puts them in the position where they don't get offered big money to fight often so don't bother to but do get offered big money to step up for the odd big fight.

Back