Martial art: a real life example

porcodio

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

How would all others martial art succeed in this scenario?
A grappler? might take down 1 or 2, would be overwhelmed in the mean time by the numbers.
A muay thai or any other striking with kicks? Might succeed if he avoids kicks, which takes a long time, are harder to setup than a punch, takes longer to recover back to defensive position and are tougher to control. Then he would make sense for him to focus on punching, which , in case you didn't know, it is what boxers do.

Discuss.

PS: it is a very simple question, I'll repeat it for clarity, how would all other martial art succeed in this specific scenario. OT answer won't be considered worth of reply. Reference to Art Jimmerson will instantly put you in the noob list.

A grappler? might take down 1 or 2, would be overwhelmed in the mean time by the numbers.
A muay thai or any other striking with kicks? Might succeed if he avoids kicks, which takes a long time, are harder to setup than a punch, takes longer to recover back to defensive position and are tougher to control. Then he would make sense for him to focus on punching, which , in case you didn't know, it is what boxers do.

Discuss.

PS: it is a very simple question, I'll repeat it for clarity, how would all other martial art succeed in this specific scenario. OT answer won't be considered worth of reply. Reference to Art Jimmerson will instantly put you in the noob list.

Well, I guess Art Jimmerson would have... oh, never mind.

If any of those Turks trained UFC the boxer would be dead.

Whatever.
Just being in shape means you are a lot deadlier than the average human being.

A properly trainer competitive boxer, thai boxer, wrestler would create chaos.
Brazilian jiu jitsu is notoriously bad against multiple opponents but a high level practitioner with reasonable size would still wreck those pansies in the video.

I think he's not a pure boxer, he added some Wing Chun there to parry punches, lol.

Also, i agree about MT only partly. Good MT practitioner can kick while moving backwards
( see Barboza) and a pushkick can be helpfull if dude crashes into other attackers).

But yes, against many you have to move a lot and be quick.
Although pure striking might not work if dudes trying to grab you,
if one ties you, it's almost over, you have to know some grappling defence.

Whatever.
Just being in shape means you are a lot deadlier than the average human being.

A properly trainer competitive boxer, thai boxer, wrestler would create chaos.
Brazilian jiu jitsu is notoriously bad against multiple opponents but a high level practitioner with reasonable size would still wreck those pansies in the video.

You might have missed the question, and I'm going to be nice:

A grappler, as i said, would have probably ended on the ground himself. Kicks? Put you in a bad spot and are harder to achieve. "How would all others martial art succeed in this scenario?" what would be a more effective way to deal with that scenario apart boxing?
You do not sound like the the average causal, mate im pretty sure you know what i mean.

Krav Maga is designed for this kind of thing. A lot of the dark arts come into play and are very effective. Headbutt, eye or groin strikes using weapons etc

I think he's not a pure boxer, he added some Wing Chun there to parry punches, lol.

Also, i agree about MT only partly. Good MT practitioner can kick while moving backwards
( see Barboza) and a pushkick can be helpfull if dude crashes into other attackers).

But yes, against many you have to move a lot and be quick.
Although pure striking might not work if dudes trying to grab you,
if one ties you, it's almost over, you have to know some grappling defence.

His name is Nuh Demircan , he identifies hismelf as a boxer:

Nuh Demircan

you seem like an honest student of the game and i appreciate your answers. At first look i would agree on the kick part, but there is a bit BUT. Kicking put you on one foot. It takes quite a long time as well and can't be down while effectively moving backward and if you do so you are losing precious time to think about the next opponent.
As to the ties part, this guy was able to move backward (avoid the being tied part) and fight back. If one ties you doesn't work if you punch them, walk back, focus on the next opponent.
Im really interested in your opinion: how would a grappler deal with that situation?

thanks for sharing your educated opinion.

You might have missed the question, and I'm going to be nice:

A grappler, as i said, would have probably ended on the ground himself. Kicks? Put you in a bad spot and are harder to achieve. "How would all others martial art succeed in this scenario?" what would be a more effective way to deal with that scenario apart boxing?
You do not sound like the the average causal, mate im pretty sure you know what i mean.
You said discuss and i offered my opinion, i wasn't rude.

My opinion is that doesn't matter the martial art, a high level practitioner would whoop ass regardless.

Krav Maga is designed for this kind of thing. A lot of the dark arts come into play and are very effective. Headbutt, eye or groin strikes using weapons etc

We might have a noob here. A generic answer like "krav maga" puts you in a bad spot. This is a real life situation, punching the troath sounds cool and might work in an instructional video for the israeli defense, but then again, a puncher is probably better at that than a soldier from Tel Aviv.

Jkd, what Bruce Lee did whom be pretty effective against multiple people if done correctly

You said discuss and i offered my opinion, i wasn't rude.

My opinion is that doesn't matter the martial art, a high level practitioner would whoop ass regardless.

Sorry i didn't mean to be rude and again you sound like a knowledgeable dude. Ok, when you say an high level practitione would whoop ass, then let's look at a wrestler.
I imagine the scenario going like this:
he takes one man down, while doing so he ends up on the ground or in a position where he is not able to prepare for the next coming opponent.
How do you see this being better than a boxer punching everyone in the face?

Jkd, what Bruce Lee did whom be pretty effective against multiple people if done correctly

ok, do you mind providing a sequence as to how he would do it?
Cause i could say "Mike Tyson" but it would make sense to provide a sequence to explain the answer.

Discuss.

Karate with that elusive Machida footwork would be just as good. ;)

Karate with that elusive Machida footwork would be just as good. ;)

I do agree to this point to a certain level. The part i think would work most from Karate, as you mentioned, is being elusive. would you focus on the punching or would you include kicks?
Not surprised to receive a great answer from someone <2010 join date...

Well, if the barber hadn't given the angry customers such a crappy shave that day, it could have being avoided.

Sorry i didn't mean to be rude and again you sound like a knowledgeable dude. Ok, when you say an high level practitione would whoop ass, then let's look at a wrestler.
I imagine the scenario going like this:
he takes one man down, while doing so he ends up on the ground or in a position where he is not able to prepare for the next coming opponent.
How do you see this being better than a boxer punching everyone in the face?
It depends on who the wrestler is, but let's say the average college wrestler, i believe that a young athlete properly trained would simply throw or manhandle everybody in the video.
It isn't just about getting the takedown, a wrestler is a brute with brute force and a punch from a guy like that would hurt a lot.

This is a former olympic champion in greco roman, was probably drunk, but the police had not an easy time putting him under arrest.

Back