"MMA is for guys who can't box" Tyson Fury

Tysonfan22

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this? I mean Tyson is right I think. No fighter in the Ufc can box like Fury can. Thoughts?

"Boxing is for guys who can't UFC."
-Tyson Foods Eatin Mofo (me).

TysonInnovation_Embedded.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't account for wrestlers who cross over.

Boxers who cross over, sure.

To be fair no UFC fighter could do well in boxing except for maybe Conor and Nate

Wait soooo every mma fighter started off as boxer? What's the context of this quote?

Can't say the dude is wrong about that. MMA is for the guys that can't hack at other sports, and other low level types really. You pay the least of any disciple, you are only gonna get the hand me downs after all. The rest is all just hype. Don't believe the hype.

So what? It is called MMA for a reason. It’s pretty obvious that if your background is Wrestling, you’d prefer MMA.

Being a gypsy is for guys who can't work.

Tyson Fury is a fat bum who never defended. Another Conor basically. No Boxing aficionado is impressed. Any MMA FW on up would kick his ass.

Thing is if you're fat you can't do either.

But they are better fughters period and thats all that matters
For all his pretend b.s he knows a mw mma pro could pwn him

Can't say the dude is wrong about that. MMA is for the guys that can't hack at other sports, and other low level types really. You pay the least of any disciple, you are only gonna get the hand me downs after all. The rest is all just hype. Don't believe the hype.
Couldn't of said it better myself. Lets see a Damien Maia level athlete excel at any other sport lol

MMA is for wrestlers that dont have a pro league. and who also cant box so fury is technically correct.

This line of reasoning is illogical....not everyone is a mindless drone that just follows money.....some people would do the activities they enjoy even if there wasnt much money in it....

some guys like fighting, some like basketball.....

it doesn t mean either one would change to something they didnt enjoy when they can live comfortably doing either.....

The top soccer athetes and boxers get the highest pay.....

do you think Lebron tried to go pro in soccer and boxing, but failed?

I don't agree with this BUT boxing is a million times harder to get into (and be successful in) than MMA. Boxing has a much better system for assuring that fighters stay in their skill range (Their amateur system and round system in particular). If you don't start young then you're almost certainly gonna get wrecked in the pros.

This line of reasoning is illogical....not everyone is a mindless drone that just follows money.....some people would do the activities they enjoy even if there wasnt much money in it....

some guys like fighting, some like basketball.....

it doesn t mean either one would change to something they didnt enjoy when they can live comfortably doing either.....

Yeah, but that applies to niche sports like Pro Bull Riders, not a sport that claims itself to be a major league sport. You can't "pickup" boxing in your mid to late 20s and be succesful.

Some boxers are insecure mofos. That's all I have to say about it.

Boxing is for guys who can't fight. Put like 600 rules in place and it's near ballet.

Back