Best championship submission finishes?

HwoarangStyle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was watching this video on youtube

the second moment is when Cat Zingano rushed Ronda and got armbarred fast as fuck lol. what a slick ass submission that was. IMO that was Rondas best win. It got me thinking about other title fights that have ended in subs. Of course there is DJs slam into the armbar against Borg which was incredible.

which other ones ?

edit- feel free to share subs from other orgs too

Pettis armbarring Bendo after Bendo walked out wearing his newly-earned blackbelt.

The msot spectacular technique-wise may have been DJ's recent suplex into armbar.

In terms of overall resonance though, hard to top Silva vs Sonnen.

GSP finishing Bispong was epic.

hughesarmbarsgsp_medium.gif

Pettis armbarring Bendo after Bendo walked out wearing his newly-earned blackbelt.
oh yeah good call. and man, I wonder what bendo was thinking after losing a title to pettis. AGAIN. he probably thought "this motherfucker man" lol

I liked Arlovski's ankle lock on Tim Sylvia, that was pretty sweet how he dropped him hard with a big right and then got that ankle lock so fast.

Besides Hugh/Trigg 2 for biggest turnarounds I would say Nog on Sylvia.

There's an old Brazilian sea chanty that goes:

What do you do with a Cain Velasquez
High above sea le–vel?

Take him by the neck and guillotine him
Halfway through the third round!

Andy vs Sonnen was my #1 for a time. A last minute sub that won the day when all hope seemed to be lost. It was amazing.

However, DJ blew that out the window! After a damn near flawless demonstration of grappling he decides to get crazy. Never in my life would I have thought of using a fucking suplex as a feint for an armbar. And even if I was crazy enough to think of that then I damn sure wouldn't have the balls to lock that bitch up mid air!

The literal last second arm bar of Horiguchi is also worth a mention because that shit was slick. DJ had soundly won that fight but still wanted that finish.

People already mentioned BJ vs Hughes. That was pretty great. Love a good escape into immediate submission.

Not the best but scary and epic. Jones vs Machida. Gif please.

Erm?

Mouse and Borg?

Close the thread
I've ended it

Tate vs Holm, I tasted the desperation from tate to get that sub.

Back