Werdum looked awful, Stipe would ko hom sensless again in a rematch

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
God, that boxing looked awful. All arm punches, no footwork used at all and on top of that he still does those flurries where he just goes full retard without any defence, the thing Stipe countered him with and koed him. He did that in the browne rematch too.

Tybura looked even worse, wtf was that lol.

Heavyweight really thin.

Colby in his head

Colby-Covington-1.png

Nah, he looked fine...who the fuck is Cody?

God, that boxing looked awful. All arm punches, no footwork used at all and on top of that he still does those flurries where he just goes full retard without any defence, the thing Stipe countered him with and koed him. He did that in the browne rematch too.

Heavyweight really thin.

Honestly yeah I think his defence looked as dodgy as ever with some added slowness for age, the latter stages of that fight had me thinking "these guys would get brutally KOed by loads of people a decade ago".

it was a stand up fight between two grapplers, idk what you was expecting tbh, was a very similar fight that i thought it would be with Werdum outclassing Tybura on the feet and the polish gassing out badly after R3, i just expected Werdum to finish him on the ground, but unfortunately he needed more time

Stipe would look the same if he was fighting top heavyweights for as long as Werdum. He's inactive and saving his chin in the process - look at his recent comp; Overeem, Arlovski, Werdum, JDS.. his legacy is besting guys with deteriorated chins lol

it was a stand up fight between two grapplers, idk what you was expecting tbh, was a very similar fight that i thought it would be with Werdum outclassing Tybura on the feet and the polish gassing out badly after R3, i just expected Werdum to finish him on the ground, but unfortunately he needed more time

The problem is Werdums wrestling these days is poor, I mean he was never a technical master but in his younger days he was agile enough and like Maia unafraid of ending up on his back that he could get a lot of people down.

I don't think he's fast enough to get many subs in scambles anymore either which would potentially be a big issue vs someone like Stipe who would be trying to escape the ground.

SHUT UP TS you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag

The problem is Werdums wrestling these days is poor, I mean he was never a technical master but in his younger days he was agile enough and like Maia unafraid of ending up on his back that he could get a lot of people down.

I don't think he's fast enough to get many subs in scambles anymore either which would potentially be a big issue vs someone like Stipe who would be trying to escape the ground.
dude he really tried to bring Tybura to the ground, even on his back he wanted it, it was Tybura who didn't want ANY of Werdum BJJ, thing is Tybura takedown defense is really good, that's what he is good at, he has like 80%+ of TDD and he's very heavy

idk about the second part, we don't really know how good Stipe's defensive BJJ is, only that he is TDD is soliddddd..
and anyway i disagree with you, just look the Harris fight lol but remember this HW.. you won't get DJ transitions at HW

Quite likely but he deserves a rematch

dude he really tried to bring Tybura to the ground, even on his back he wanted it, it was Tybura who didn't want ANY of Werdum BJJ, thing is Tybura takedown defense is really good, that's what he is good at, he has like 80%+ of TDD and he's very heavy

idk about the second part, we don't really know how good Stipe's defensive BJJ is, only that he is TDD is soliddddd..
and anyway i disagree with you, just look the Harris fight lol but remember this HW.. you won't get DJ transitions at HW

Stipe almost certainly wouldn't go to the ground with him either(unless he had him hurt) and again Werdums wrestling really isn't very good at all anymore, he just can't get down for the shot quickly.

Stipe almost certainly wouldn't go to the ground with him either(unless he had him hurt) and again Werdums wrestling really isn't very good at all anymore, he just can't get down for the shot quickly.
ok i agree, but maybe Werdum can get his back on the clinch at Maia style (Werdum MT clinch still very good), i don't favor Werdum either but i disagree with people saying that he has no chance or a very small one, i'd go with 70-30 Stipe, something like that

ok i agree, but maybe Werdum can get his back on the clinch at Maia style (Werdum MT clinch still very good), i don't favor Werdum either but i disagree with people saying that he has no chance or a very small one, i'd go with 70-30 Stipe, something like that

Yeah that sounds about right, I mean Stipe isn't unhittable either and has shown weakness in chin and cardio so its clearly not unwinnable but I don't think its a good style matchup for him at all.

Tybura had really good TDD in the fight.

He also surprised me and probably Werdum on the feet as well.

Heavyweight really thin.
Agree...good points.

Against Stipe, Werdum needs to avoid stand up and get back to basics...bring back the butt scoot

6.gif

Back