Has Conor's Popularity Gone Down?

Has Conor's Star Power Gone Down?

• Total voters

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
His loss to Diaz was erased in the mind of the casuals when he won the rematch and booked a boxing fight with Floyd. He got even more exposure with all the press conferences and all the shit-talking that was going on. The fight happened, Conor gets stopped in the tenth round. You would hear random people speaking about Conor and since he has lost the fight, I have not heard any casuals speaking about him. I think his fans are staying quiet until he makes something happen.

Among the hardcores, he is vehemently despised for not defending titles, or even fighting the best fighters. Ever since leaving 145, he just lets things play out and will wait out until the right opponent comes that will stylistically favor him. That is why Conor can never be the GOAT, he just isn't willing to fight the best and strategically ducks unfavorable match-ups. He has made a lot of money, and that is the objective, but he doesn't really care about fighting all the best guys and being known as the GOAT in terms of skill.

My personal analysis is that the Casuals have a short memory and will probably be indifferent to the loss overall, but the hardcores are tired of the games and inactivity. This results in a small loss of stardom overall. Depending on the circumstances, I would guess his next PPV to do about 1 million buys, less then his 1.3-1.6 PPVs of the past.

What do you think?

Last edited:
It's hard to say until he is actually scheduled to fight.

Once he fights again and we know the PPV buyrate, then we'll have a better idea of what his popularity level is, however there's been a trend decline with him since the Mayweather fight.

That tends to happen when you're afraid to fight

His public profile grows by the day.
But more people find him unlikable. He came off very douchey during the mayweather promotion.

He is now hated on sherdog.

Haters make 3/4 Conor threads on here, kind of funny, they are obsessed with talking about things they hate.

I think his popularity might be slipping simply because nobody has seen him win in a long time. However, he is on his last life with the antics lately and if he loses again his shtick is up and people will stop viewing his cringe through rose-colored glass.

The Floyd fight made him a bigger star than ever. His twitter / Instagram followers tripled.

His public profile grows by the day.
But more people find him unlikable. He came off very douchey during the mayweather promotion.

He is now hated on sherdog.

Haters make 3/4 Conor threads on here, kind of funny, they are obsessed with talking about things they hate.
being hated Isn't a bad thing In this business

people tuning In to see you get your ass beat = $$$

Most of Conor's douchiness Is just smoke and mirrors, as Is often the case but only a few can see through It.

Considering the growing number of followers he got in his social network account. No

He even gets over a mil likes for some posts.

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>
Of course, retarded haters will argue otherwise.

Last edited:

Most of Conor's douchiness Is just smoke and mirrors, as Is often the case but only a few can see through It.

This is true.

Good Point. I think all points are true. I don't know if its all smoke and mirrors though, he might just be a douche.

Did you see him at Bellator?

The casual mma fanbase is fickle, and the average Conor fanbase is particularly flighty, as they're limited interest in the sport is based on the actions and antics of a single fighter. Therefore, when the Conor news goes silent due to his absence, they lose interest and drift away.

He's become a huge star and essentially an international sensation but I believe that as far as hardcore MMA fans are concerned we've grown tired of all this song and dance bullshit. He's obviously doing it all for the money but now that he's rich and famous I want to see how much he wants the glory.

I want to see him actually fight and defend his belt, he's the Champ but I want to see if he's a great Champ. He's stirred up two divisions, he's done the boxing thing, now I want him to go back to MMA competition, not just mega-fights.

I think he's still looking to make fans but he doesn't seem interested in fight fans necessarily.

Back