Gotta give it up to Werdum

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Respect to Fabricio Werdum. Last night wasn't his best showing for sure, but if you look at his body of work, we are witnessing one of the best fighters that the UFC will ever see at HW.

Not JDS in the striking department, but he can more than hold his own, and just went hard for a full 25 minutes straight. Keep in mind, he weighs 240+ lbs and is 40+ years old. That's basically Cain level cardio.

Ground game...not one fighter in HW (or (UFC for that matter) wants ANY part of it.

TBH his strongest asset isn't even his ground game...it's the fact that he gives no sh*ts whatsoever in there. Spinning sh*t, straight up jumpkicks, trying to distract dudes by telling them to look at the ceiling, trolling dudes mid-fight...doesn't take himself seriously at all.

While other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their opponents, Werdum fights whoever, whenever, literally.

Always cool to people who deserve it
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And always ready to get HAM on blowhards looking for a beatdown
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's to hoping he sees the title once more, before retiring and going down as one of the best HWs to grace the octagon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Werdum is the definition of a game fighter. He's dangerous everywhere, tough, wily, and stays active through the whole fight.

I love watching Werdum fight. Always game, and dangerous standing and on the ground.

WerDoomerang is a bad, bad man.

One of the greatest HWs of all time.

True he's a rare breed...imo he's the hw goat, don't see how he can't be, he's beat the three other candidates in nog, Cain and fedor

I don't really care for Werdum...but a solid thread is a solid thread

IMO he's the best HW in the game right now, but Fedor has a legit argument for being better at his best (at during his time). Cain is nowhere near either of them.

While other "fighters" are ducking and weaving their opponents, Werdum fights whoever, whenever, literally.

He didn't accept a fight with JDS when Junior offered to be the short notice replacement for Cain when (surprise surprise) Cain was pulled last December, nor agreed to be a longer notice one when Struve's injury left JDS without a dance partner afterwards. He thought the UFC would give him a title shot without any further work—after all the Cain match was regarded as a title eliminator, and Cain couldn't show up.

He was so, so wrong. JDS got the nod for the TS instead.

He didn't accept the fight with Hunt that Tybura then snapped up. Didn't want to spend all that money training in Australia for as long as he needed to acclimate, he said. But funny how things turn out, innit?

The only reason Werdum is fighting opponents short-notice of late is that he desperately wants a crack at the belt again. He knows that the company likes a guy who bails them out. If sitting out and pouting worked to get a title shot, he'd be doing it. But he kinda already tried that, and it backfired on him.

Fuck champions that don't want to defend the belt when they get it.

I like Werdum but his time as champ sucked.

Fuck champions that don't want to defend the belt when they get it.

I like Werdum but his time as champ sucked.

It's funny that lately he was bitching about Miocic not fighting when he himself took 11 months before he deigned to try and defend his belt.

Respect to Fabricio Werdum. Last night wasn't his best showing for sure, but if you look at his body of work, we are witnessing one of the best fighters that the UFC will ever see at HW.

Not JDS in the striking department, but he can more than hold his own, and just went hard for a full 25 minutes straight. Keep in mind, he weighs 240+ lbs and is 40+ years old. That's basically Cain level cardio.

Ground game...not one fighter in HW (or (UFC for that matter) wants ANY part of it.

TBH his strongest assest isn't even his ground game...it's the fact that he gives no sh*ts whatsoever in there. Spinning sh*t, straight up jumpkicks, trying to distract dudes by telling them to look at the ceiling, trolling dudes mid-fight...doesn't take himself seriously at all.

Always cool to people who deserve it,
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And always ready to get HAM on blowhards looking for a beatdown
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's to hoping he sees the title once more, before retiring and going down as one of the best HWs to grace the octagon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Broke my heart when he submitted Fedor, but at the time all I could think was that there wasn't a more fitting, respectful guy to get to do it.

It's funny that lately he was bitching about Miocic not fighting when he himself took 11 months before he deigned to try and defend his belt.
I was so excited when he won the belt. Was really looking forward to see him defend it as often as he could, then he just sat out.

It seems some fighters think becoming champion is the end goal and then they just want to take time off when they get there. I can understand that to an extent, but really, being champion should be the most challenging time of anyone's career. At least that's how I see it.

Werdum is the definition of a game fighter. He's dangerous everywhere, tough, wily, and stays active through the whole fight.

I don’t think I’d use the word game.

He was begging overreem to jump in to his guard so he didn’t have to stand with alistair.

That’s a lot of things, but game ain’t one of them.

He may very well be the most complete and well-rounded fighter out there right now.

Back