Werdum Asks for Titleshot After Beating Harris and Tybura

Did Werdum's wins over Harris and Tybura earn him another titleshot?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum just fought at UFC 216 last October to make quick work of unranked Walt Harris. On Saturday night at Sydney, he managed to keep himself in the winning track by winning a decision verdict over Marcin Tybura.

. . .

Tybura, from his end, landed some significant strikes, but it was Werdum put on a more dominant performance. The Brazilian also had his moments where he had the opportunity to finish the fight on the ground, but they were all too late in the round.

. . .

Where do these two go from here?

As Werdum pointed out, Tybura at 32 years of age still has a lot of fights ahead of him. He is ranked at the top ten at the heavyweight division, and while this loss is a minor setback, a few wins against other ranked opponents can get back on track.

Now on a two-fight win "streak," Werdum is calling for another shot at the title. While it is within reason, I personally would like to see him fight another younger and dangerous opponent, and a win would definitely solidify his spot as the next contender for the belt. If he survives against Alistair Overeem at UFC 218, I think Francis Ngannou would be that opponent for “Vai Cavalo.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...cio-werdum-marcin-tybura-heavyweight-mma-news

he gets the TS if ngannou/reem is a shitshow and since that ain't happening...

UFC has enough problems, it doesn’t need a bigoted homophobe champ that attacks people half his size because he gets his feelings hurt.

Winner of Reem vs Ngannou is the CLEAR next title shot.

inb4 Interim HW title fight is booked!

YES

The issue is that Reem/ Ngannou is in Dec and the winner of that probably won't be ready for a few months after that (more if they take a lot of damage, which is possible considering Reem and Ngannou have a lot of power).

So in the meantime give Werdum the TS to prevent the division from stalling.

If anyone should get a re-match, it's Reem...

Can't blame WerduRang for trying though...

He also has pending assault chargez that need to play out.

Would be best if Cain can make it back so we can see a fresh matchup.

He sure as hell deserves it more than Overeem

When Ngannou stiffens up Overchin he will be the clear #1 contender

He sure as hell deserves it more than Overeem
Reem beat Werdumb though and if he beats Francis then he'll be way more deserving. Reem also put up a better fight against Stipe than Werdumb.

If anyone should get a re-match, it's Reem...

Can't blame WerduRang for trying though...

He also has pending assault chargez that need to play out.

Would be best if Cain can make it back so we can see a fresh matchup.
I give up on Cain and Khabib. They are basically retired.
I’m also ignoring all Nate and Conor news until they get a fight booked against anyone at this point.

I don't think so TS.

Hitting Colby Magana with a bagged boomerang on the other hand...

really think it should be Werdum vs Volkov next. Francis vs Alistair winner deserves a TS. You can't justify giving it to Werdum over Alistair considering Overeem won the fight between them not too long ago.

Beating a 10-15 and 15-20 fighter doesn't mean anything. The only fight in the top 8 possible now without Stipe is Reem vs Francis, which is made. There is no doubt that the winner gets the shot. Nobody wants to see Stipe Werdum. Stipe Reem is only a slightly more interesting matchup but outside of Francis there is nothing really interesting going on. And I'm a fan of Reem. Heck Cain would even get the shot even though he hasn't fought in years just to keep things different.

DC should move up, fuck Cain.

lol reem is fighting way better guys to earn his shot. he beat werdum and he STILL took another fight in Ngannou

Werdum is a step back. Walt Harris and Tybura aint a title shot

Back