Cutting through the smoke: Re: Conor

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I've searched and have had little success in finding credible examples of what Conor McGregor himself has said regarding his intentions related to the future of his mixed martial arts career.

What has the man himself said his plans are? Has he commented on what return to the UFC he'd like to have? Who he wants to face? What weightclass he'd prefer to compete at?

I'm not interested in Conor bashing...I am sincerely interested in finding out what, if we can, is going on in the man's mind? I know there are mma fans who follow him very closely and I'm hoping you can use some of what you've seen to clear things up for the rest of us.

#KeepItCleanGuys

Isn't it obvious? He's exercising his leverage to get a big payday

Listen to this interview from 37:59 - 39:40 (cued up) & you will see Mac weighing his possibilities & resolving that unifying the LW belt is what he wants to do next.

Based only on Conor's words and actions: He wanted to fight Nate, then pretended he might fight Tony if Diaz didn't lower his price, then when that didn't work (Nate called the obvious bluff: Conor doesn't defend) he tried to get himself suspended.

Now you are up to date.

He's been have a lot of red panty nights is my best guess.

img-thing

The guy just did just get paid a shitload of cash.

Conor is hiding........these are the actions of a GOAT? HA!

I've searched and have had little success in finding credible examples of what Conor McGregor himself has said regarding his intentions related to the future of his mixed martial arts career.

That's because Conor has lied or been deliberately vague, and a lot of the Conor bashers, if you ignore their insults, are essentially correct about Conor's probable intentions. That's the best you're likely to get. I say that as someone who likes Conor as a fighter and paid for McGregor-Mayweather. There are a lot of fighters who would probably behave the way Conor's behaving after such a big payday, but regardless, it's time to move on. Not to punish Conor, but to save the divisions.

#StripHisBelts

Based only on Conor's words and actions: He wanted to fight Nate, then pretended he might fight Tony if Diaz didn't lower his price, then when that didn't work (Nate called the obvious bluff: Conor doesn't defend) he tried to get himself suspended.

Now you are up to date.

It must very difficult to handle that much mental gymnastics to create the world you wish existed. lmao

Why would he get into a bloody battle with Ferguson when he could have another exhibition boxing match with Paulie/ De La Hoya etc for an easy 8 figure payday

He should be stripped already. If he doesn't make his mind up soon I imagine he will be.

Then he can do money fights with Nate, Nick, GSP

Why would he get into a bloody battle with Ferguson when he could have another exhibition boxing match with Paulie/ De La Hoya etc for an easy 8 figure payday
I wouldn t be surprised if this happens under Zuffa boxing. Oscar in May, Paulie in August. I could see it

Listen to this interview from 37:59 - 39:40 (cued up) & you will see Mac weighing his possibilities & resolving that unifying the LW belt is what he wants to do next.

Thanks for sharing this...I hadn't seen it before.

The funny thing is that, when Conor isn't playing up the heel role, he's actually quite likeable.

If he pulled a 180 and quit being a douche, which he doesn't need to do anymore, and became a a class act...I think his popularity would blow up like an atom bomb.

He's vague so there is nothing to get in his head about. Some days its Nate. Some Tony. Some Tyron and third belt. Words mean nothing.

If you really want to get in his head look at actions which speak louder than words.

- never defended
-Always goes for biggest money or belt

I'm thinking Oscar is next fight thats probably why UFC got boxing license to promote it.

Let me " cut through the smoke" he is a con man and an a-hole..

Like I've been saying ever since the idea of the Floyd fight was actually a real possibility.

The chances of him returning to MMA are very bad. The chances of him returning to actually take on legitimate title challengers is much worse.

The ONLY way he's coming back is if it's a hand picked fight he chooses, and also chooses the price he gets paid....

He just made over 100 million. How could he possibly get motivated to fight contenders who are more than likely going to completely beat the ever loving fuck out of him for what he would consider chump change at this point.

I don't blame him. I DO blame the UFC because they really don't know what they're doing. Nobody should be doubting that anymore.

Thanks for sharing this...I hadn't seen it before.

The funny thing is that, when Conor isn't playing up the heel role, he's actually quite likeable.

If he pulled a 180 and quit being a douche, which he doesn't need to do anymore, and became a a class act...I think his popularity would blow up like an atom bomb.
his fanboys wouldn't dig it

somehow his act makes them feel empowered

Like I've been saying ever since the idea of the Floyd fight was actually a real possibility.

The chances of him returning to MMA are very bad. The chances of him returning to actually take on legitimate title challengers is much worse.

The ONLY way he's coming back is if it's a hand picked fight he chooses, and also chooses the price he gets paid....

He just made over 100 million. How could he possibly get motivated to fight contenders who are more than likely going to completely beat the ever loving fuck out of him for what he would consider chump change at this point.

I don't blame him. I DO blame the UFC because they really don't know what they're doing. Nobody should be doubting that anymore.

This way to much risk is getting his ass beat by killers at 155 for 10-15m chump change and becoming the chump champ.

He will never defend, even against Nate. Tyron third belt maybe because nothing to lose. He's supposed to lose that fight like Mayweather he was supposed to. Or Oscar.

he'll Undoubtedly fight Tony. That's where all the signs are pointing.

I think he just wants to get paid. He's doing something similar to what Floyd did before he signed with Showtime. He wants a bigger chunk of the pie and he deserves It, just like Floyd did. at the time.

Business Is part of the game, as much as people just want to see fighters fight..It's pretty crucial to them to have that aspect of the game under control.

Boxers typically make like 50+% of gross revenue, the UFC only pays like 10%. I'm sure he's had talks with Floyd, boxers and other people In that realm and has been told to go get his money..and he should.

the UFC may not like It, but Conor Is the one with the leverage at this point. This sort of thing could be the first step In MMA fighters making a higher percentage just like boxers have for a long time. People might not like It and just want to see them fight but In the grand scheme It may be for the best.

he wants to run his own show, be a promoter and make mad cash !!!

He has said from day one that he wants money and to retire before he takes damage.
He also said he wants LW and FW titles.
He has pretty much done what he said he wanted to do.
This is why I'm a fan of the guy. It's pretty amazing.

Back