Werdum will never beat Stipe

Andy Anderson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He did well yesterday, but I don't see him beat Stipe. Stipe's wrestling is too good, and he won't sacrifice his boxing for TDD. Ngannou figting for the title is the only interesting matchup

he knows he can't beat stipe thats why he says he's interested in the title and not stipe

Maybe. Maybe not. He could with the right game plan, no one is unbeatable.

Stipe seems to be a noticeable cut above the rest of the HW division

Doesn’t look like anyone is beating Stipe anytime soon.

Werdum, while durable, can’t hang with Stipe for a 5 round title fight. Werdum’s striking (while improved) isn’t on the Croatian/Americans level. No way the Brazilian gets the fight to the ground, Stipes wrestling and TDD is as tight as anyone’s in the division. Horrible match up for Werdum.

Last edited:
Stipe seems to be a noticeable cut above the rest of the HW division

Since the legit contenders are:

1) ancient (werdum, hunt );
2) injured (Cain);
3) glass cannons (Overeem); or
4) banned (JDS)

Stipe is pretty much king by default. It's Ngannou or nothing at this point.

If Werdum doesn't charge after him with his chin out, he has a good chance

Since the legit contenders are:

1) ancient (werdum, hunt );
2) injured (Cain);
3) glass cannons (Overeem); or
4) banned (JDS)

Stipe is pretty much king by default. It's Ngannou or nothing at this point.
Agreed. Ngannou vs Stipe is the only HW fight I'm looking forward to (if it happens)...Ngannou's next fight vs Overeem is his big test.

Agreed. Ngannou vs Stipe is the only HW fight I'm looking forward to (if it happens)...Ngannou's next fight vs Overeem is his big test.

The past:
53EFB028-B42C-41BC-9B42-E7FBCCE0E449.jpeg

The future:
3D58E436-E178-4182-8C62-784ED05F0890.jpeg

All due respect to a HOF champion like Werdum, but his best fights are behind him.

Maaaaaybe Volkov? Not sure he is ready though.

Blaydes definitely isn't, but is one of the few guys young enough to truly improve over the next few years.

It's HW, one punch can change everything at any time.

Maybe. Maybe not. He could with the right game plan, no one is unbeatable.

220px-Floyd_Mayweather%2C_Jr._cropped.jpg

As long as he doesn’t run forward with his hands down and his chin in the air he has a decent chance

His MT is legit and Stipe won’t want to take him down either

Ngannou vs Stipe is the only HW fight I'm looking forward to (if it happens)...Ngannou's next fight vs Overeem is his big test.
Lol Watch this be the fight where Overeem has his shit together and wins like with JDS.

Lol at NGannou being the future. Tells you how horrible that division is. He's over 30 and has one quality win in his career against a champ from 12 years ago.

Floyd has a perfect record, sure, but he is not unbeatable. Age matters.

One thing is for sure, though, Conor was not and never will be the man to beat Floyd. He lacks the skills. You need world class boxing skills to beat Floyd.

That's why Floyd "risked" his perfect record with Conor. He knew it was not at risk at all.

No way the Brazilian gets the fight to the ground, Stipes wrestling and TDD is as tight as anyone’s in the division.

Not only did Stipe defend the one takedown that Werdum tried in their fight, he did it in such a way that showed he wasn't going leave himself open for an easy knee to the face, like Hunt did...

(timestamped)

So not only is Werdum likely deprived of the TD, he's even deprived of the ruse of the TD. Stipe is on to that trick.

I'll disagree, Werdum was competitive with Stipe before rushing in full shertard mode.

Back