Cyborg will be exposed.

Echo_Bliss

WHAT?!
@Green
Reaction score
You all wanna call Ronda the Royce Gracie of WMMA, the first star who was waiting to be deposed when the division evolved beyond her, invincible only to a short talent pool and not godly skill? Well, maybe so - but Cyborg is the Bob Sapp of MMA, who fights 40 year old women, ailing mothers, women with records of 1-3, fighters who are naturally 20-50lbs lighter than she naturally walks around, etc. She is on top of the list of those who've built a reputation against unworthy opponents. Anyone that can handle the early bull rush, and either throw some good shots back or get some ground game going will be her undoing, and her loss won't just be bad, it will be REAL bad, like the way Lesnar lost to Cain real bad. And even though The Borg will still have continued success in MMA, even the UFC, she will never be the same again.

I believe that Cyborg will be exposed by the first fighter who can squaredance around her bull rush, throw a few good counterpunches, take her down and eat her for lunch. Gina Carano was on her way to doing exactly that, until Carano got stupid and let her up. That may have been one of the biggest tactical blunders in MMA history right there. She could have been the original Cyborg Killer. Holm's career is on its death knell and I would love to see her revive herself with a win over Borg. Likewise, if Borg can beat Holm convincingly, that would go a long way toward winning over people like me who believe she's built a reputation she doesn't deserve. If Borg could finish Holm, that would really be impressive and leave very little room for remain doubt about her talent level and skill set (even though there will still be people who look negatively on her, generally the same people who look negatively on Bigfoot, Lesnar, Jones, Henderson, Vitor, Rua, and Machida).

Who do you think will be the Cyborg Killer?

My opinion: I think it will be Valentina if they ever fight. Borg fights in the least talented division in MMA, where anyone with even a little bit of game can Tank Abbot or Kimbo Slice their way into looking like the toughest ever (until the pony's one trick doesn't work anymore). Holm is the only threat to her at 145, and I personally believe Ronda "hit the wall" and won't be winning any major fights anytime soon even if she takes one. That leaves Borg to face GDR, Holm, and there really isn't anybody else credible.

she will be exposed when she loses just like Aldo, Silva and Fedor right?

You all wanna call Ronda the Royce Gracie of WMMA, the first star who was waiting to be deposed when the division evolved beyond her, invincible only to a short talent pool and not godly skill? Well, maybe so - but Cyborg is the Bob Sapp of MMA, who fights 40 year old women, ailing mothers, women with records of 1-3, fighters who are naturally 20-50lbs lighter than she naturally walks around, etc. She is on top of the list of those who've built a reputation against unworthy opponents. Anyone that can handle the early bull rush, and either throw some good shots back or get some ground game going will be her undoing, and her loss won't just be bad, it will be REAL bad, like the way Lesnar lost to Cain real bad. And even though The Borg will still have continued success in MMA, even the UFC, she will never be the same again.

I believe that Cyborg will be exposed by the first fighter who can squaredance around her bull rush, throw a few good counterpunches, take her down and eat her for lunch. Gina Carano was on her way to doing exactly that, until Carano got stupid and let her up. That may have been one of the biggest tactical blunders in MMA history right there. She could have been the original Cyborg Killer. Holm's career is on its death knell and I would love to see her revive herself with a win over Borg. Likewise, if Borg can beat Holm convincingly, that would go a long way toward winning over people like me who believe she's built a reputation she doesn't deserve. If Borg could finish Holm, that would really be impressive and leave very little room for remain doubt about her talent level and skill set (even though there will still be people who look negatively on her, generally the same people who look negatively on Bigfoot, Lesnar, Jones, Henderson, Vitor, Rua, and Machida).

My opinion: I think it will be Valentina if they ever fight. Borg fights in the least talented division in MMA, where anyone with even a little bit of game can Tank Abbot or Kimbo Slice their way into looking like the toughest ever (until the pony's one trick doesn't work anymore). Holm is the only threat to her at 145, and I personally believe Ronda "hit the wall" and won't be winning any major fights anytime soon even if she takes one. That leaves Borg to face GDR, Holm, and there really isn't anybody else credible.

Valentina would be like 2 times smaller than her if they fight.

Cyborg will only be exposed by talented fighter her size.

Age is the only thing that will expose Cyborg no woman will beat her in MMA.

I can cope with the "shallow talent pool" talk since the whole WMMA is still shallow and at its infancy, but calling Cyborg the Bob Sapp of anything is beyond crazy.

I think there will be someone to beat Cyborg sometime and that she's not Edson Barboza with a skirt, but then so it is for everybody (besides Edson Barboza, when he puts that sexy skirt lol), I think what most people (specially at Sherdog) was sick of Ronda was that she was being so brutally sold to us, starring movies, Jay Leno, "one in a million fighter" and, can't recall the phrase exactly but "can beat anyone on his division, male or female". Cyborg doesn't get any of these, I don't think she even get a free entrance into UFC editions in Brazil perhaps.

Thing is: Nobody was able to stop the early bull rush or whatsoever, so we might figure out 10 theories on how to beat Cyborg and escape unscathed, up until now none of these theories worked. And to worse it a little it seems fighters are not intrested on fighting Cyborg, that is: They are afraid of her, and so we can't build up a division. Had Jones not f***ed everything up the LHW division would have turned just as shallow.

Can Holm do it? I think there are possibilities, but then I thought the same on Ronda vs. Nunes and look what happened... On top of that, Holm has been "exposed" clearly, as her attack lacks a mile from his counter-attack technique, but that opens a big breach: Cyborg usually is the one attacking, is she training right now to keep herself on feet and forcing Holm to initiate combat?

Cyborg doesn't bull rush anymore, even when her opponent is overmatched. Watch her last fight.

You're a fool. Cyborg is the most well rounded WMMA you're ever going to see. Whoever has an edge in some aspect, Cyborg can just use her other attributes to still come out with a victory. Holly Holm may counterpunch her but she will be helpless once Cyborg takes her down and pounds her face into the canvas.

You're a fool. Cyborg is the most well rounded WMMA you're ever going to see. Whoever has an edge in some aspect, Cyborg can just use her other attributes to still come out with a victory. Holly Holm may counterpunch her but she will be helpless once Cyborg takes her down and pounds her face into the canvas.

Eh...no.
She only has mega power boosted by steroids. Her technique, both in standup and on the ground, is mediocre.
And she's bigger than any of her competition, so it's easier to overpower them

Power is her attribute, and she will meet a technical fighter her size (that will be enough) and be exposed.

Valentina? You have got to be kidding me. I am a big fan of Shevchenko, but during a recent interview, she gave her walking around weight at 135-136. Cyborg is shown weighing 175, and Val would be giving up over 20% of her bodyweight.

Eh...no.
She only has mega power boosted by steroids. Her technique, both in standup and on the ground, is mediocre.
And she's bigger than any of her competition, so it's easier to overpower them

Power is her attribute, and she will meet a technical fighter her size (that will be enough) and be exposed.

Eh..yes. Look at her resume in all the combat sports she competed in you genius. None of these broads in WMMA have even pushed her to go for a plan B or C yet. She has great muay Thai, heavy hands, good takedowns, brutal GnP and proven world class BJJ and this doesn't even tap into her physical attributes like the granite chin, heart and great gas tank. There is no other woman in the world as well rounded and qualified as her.

Holly has looked awful in all her fights except the Ronda fight

So i doubt it

Don't even bother counting the bethe fight... lol

Eh..yes. Look at her resume in all the combat sports she competed in you genius. None of these broads in WMMA have even pushed her to go for a plan B or C yet. She has great muay Thai, heavy hands, good takedowns, brutal GnP and proven world class BJJ and this doesn't even tap into her physical attributes like the granite chin, heart and great gas tank. There is no other woman in the world as well rounded and qualified as her.

And now, nuthugger (yes, nut) look at the level of her comptetion in Muai Thai, BJJ, MMA, and the size of these girls.

Idiots like you posting happen only because they look at resumes only. You don't watch fights. You have no business in combat sports.

And now, nuthugger (yes, nut) look at the level of her comptetion in Muai Thai, BJJ, MMA, and the size of these girls.

Idiots like you posting happen only because they look at resumes only. You don't watch fights. You have no business in combat sports.

You mean when she faced Jorina Baars, a 42-0 muay thai champion much bigger than Cyborg? That level of competition? Congratulations you have just won a darwin award today you cretin.

You mean when she faced Jorina Baars, a 42-0 muay thai champion much bigger than Cyborg? That level of competition? Congratulations you have just won a darwin award today you cretin.

Jorina beat her ass. I rest my case.

She never BEAT any worthy opponent in size and skill.
Neither in MMA, nor in BJJ, nor in Muai Thai.

Now disappear.

Jorina beat her ass. I rest my case.

She never BEAT any worthy opponent in size and skill.
Neither in MMA, nor in BJJ, nor in Muai Thai.

Now disappear.

Cyborg gave the most lethal striker in the world all she could handle going the distance even winning rounds, something no WMMA fighter could do. It showed her world class level of striking, which was the point I was making. Does this concept make a dent in that permanently damaged brain of yours? Does it even slightly penetrate that incredibly thick skull of yours?

Cyborg is legit 155er
Holm struggled with flyweight opponents

It will be one of those fights where size does matter

Cyborg gave the most lethal striker in the world all she could handle going the distance even winning rounds, something no WMMA fighter could do. It showed her world class level of striking, which was the point I was making. Does this concept make a dent in that permanently damaged brain of yours? Does it even slightly penetrate that incredibly thick skull of yours?

What round did she win? Number please?

I watched that fight, unlike you, and Jorina had a gameplan, followed it, was never in any danger. Outclassed Cyborg easily.
Apparently, "all she could handle" was NOTHING.

dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

Back