What happened to the Kevin Lee Hype Train?

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
What happened to all of the "Keving Lee is the GOAT" guys out there? I'm beginning to think Sherdog has been hacked.

Seems like a bunch of fake accounts all "promoting" the next big fight. Does Sherdog allow "bots" or are they allowing UFC shills and trolls to take over? I could be wrong and it could all be a bunch of Shertard bandwagoners feeding on whatever scraps the UFC throws their way but it does seem a little strange.

You mean all those threads about a fighter before a fight?

Yeah those usually die down after the fight.

I think because he lost ;)
So were guys so "sure" he was a GOAT and one loss sends everyone packing? The post is more for everyone who is the next GOAT on here before they fight. It seems like everyone gets that "status" before the big fight and that's why I'm thinking this is that "grass roots" promo stuff from the UFC.

You mean all those threads about a fighter before a fight?

Yeah those usually die down after the fight.
There is no shortage of Fedor, Penn, GSP, Silva, McGregor posts when they aren't fighting. You get to the true "GOAT"s and it keeps going but what I'm wondering is if this is all just a hype game being played on us "lowly Shertards"?

Thing is this and i'm by no means a conductor of the Lee hype train.

He fought Tony Ferguson, arguably the best guy in the division. A seasoned warrior at the right peak age of 33 and to be fair to Kevin he caused a few problems for Tony. He also did this at 25 years old, i'd say things are looking good for him.

This is coming from a big fan of Tony Ferguson.

What happened to all of the "Keving Lee is the GOAT" guys out there? I'm beginning to think Sherdog has been hacked.

Seems like a bunch of fake accounts all "promoting" the next big fight. Does Sherdog allow "bots" or are they allowing UFC shills and trolls to take over? I could be wrong and it could all be a bunch of Shertard bandwagoners feeding on whatever scraps the UFC throws their way but it does seem a little strange.

Because it Kevin Lee...

There is no shortage of Fedor, Penn, GSP, Silva, McGregor posts when they aren't fighting. You get to the true "GOAT"s and it keeps going but what I'm wondering is if this is all just a hype game being played on us "lowly Shertards"?
do you have assburgers?

Still here. Never left that train.

What do those fighters even have in common with Lee? all these fighters are all time greats in their division. Lee has never even been a champion.

So were guys so "sure" he was a GOAT and one loss sends everyone packing? The post is more for everyone who is the next GOAT on here before they fight. It seems like everyone gets that "status" before the big fight and that's why I'm thinking this is that "grass roots" promo stuff from the UFC.

I am not a Kevin Lee fan. I am just trying to help you with your question. People get excited about upcoming fights and good prospects. It is like finding a band early and saying you were with them before they got popular. I for one don't even understand the idea of taking pride in being a fan anyways

Thing is this and i'm by no means a conductor of the Lee hype train.

He fought Tony Ferguson, arguably the best guy in the division. A seasoned warrior at the right peak age of 33 and to be fair to Kevin he caused a few problems for Tony. He also did this at 25 years old, i'd say things are looking good for him.

This is coming from a big fan of Tony Ferguson.

Not to mention he had a staph infection and was on antibiotics. It's like when a 23 year old Kelvin gastelum loses to tyron woodley by split decision. it doesn't hurt him much.

He's still a top prospect and young. I wouldn't be surprised to see him champ before he retires even if a lot of his trash talk/promo's a cringey az.

Same thing that happened to the Jorge Masvidal hype train

Same thing that happened to the Jorge Masvidal hype train
Lmao, stupidest hype train ever. I'll never understand what people see in masvidal. He was decent at LW, no where near a championship level though. Even further from at WW.

You see right through these overly enthusiastic hype jobs. You really are a TrueFightFan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back