So Brooks is done now right...?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
I was really hyped for this guys debut but hes looked like total shit since coming to the UFC. What is the cause of his downfall? Better competition? USADA?

Discuss

I think it's a mental thing. In Bellator he probably didn't stress bc he thought he was better than all of them.

He breaks fairly easy if pressured.

He's really good....until he isn't.

i honestly can't tell why Brooks has fallen, he fought well in USADA inception and i truly feel that Michael Chandler is better competition than Alex and Charles Olivera, i really don't know, maybe it's his attitude

Not a talent issue, he makes really stupid decisions in the cage..

I'm guessing he's cut soon though

He has a very arrogant attitude like he's still a big fish in a small pond

Maybe he was ILL

He was beating the brakes off.of carny until the sub. He has potential to be great but to be honest he has given the fans so many stinkers now that I don't care either way.

a combination of shit fight IQ and overyhyped skills imo

i hope he gets one more fight.

He needs to be rebuilt, similar to how Bellator did with Chandler after his multiple losses in a row.

Give Brooks someone like Maestro DHK, Michel Quiñones, etc, someone that he “should” be able to beat a bit easier.

He doesnt look any different so I doubt it has anything to do with USADA. Thats not impossible, but i just dont see any proof of it.

Aside from Mike he never beat anyone that was really good, maybe he was just overrated and its that simple. Guys like Jansen and Held are solid, but not world beaters. Still, I think they're probably around Niks level and he just got tapped, so I'm not sure.

He needs to crush a few low level UFC fighters, he clearly wasn't ready for the top 15-20 at LW in the UFC

he reminds me a lot of randleman. great physical skills but really bad fight iq.

All the more sweet after he continuously makes stupid tweets about not being promoted enough in Bellator

Phil Brooks only has one loss in his entire career. He'll be back and better than ever.

He needs to be rebuilt, similar to how Bellator did with Chandler after his multiple losses in a row.

Give Brooks someone like Maestro DHK, Michel Quiñones, etc, someone that he “should” be able to beat a bit easier.

This fight was supposed to be that. Brooks lost anyway. Brooks is Dunn.

I think it's a mental thing. In Bellator he probably didn't stress bc he thought he was better than all of them.

He breaks fairly easy if pressured.

He's really good....until he isn't.
I agree. It’s mostly mental. Looking at what the man can do and his skill set, he should be performing much better, but his mental fortitude/iq simply isn’t up to par. It’s crazy to see such a talent have so many bad showing.

Back