Since when did Nate Diaz become a legend/super star?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I started watching Nate since TUF. I don't know when on earth he became as big as he did.

He's interesting to me, but I wouldn't say if you ask me, a legend or a super star, or elite of the elites.

On that note, I guess Diaz/Woodley could work, cuz for me, Woodley is nothing special either. Just a pretty much cookie cutter wrestler/boxer that just struck gold at the right time and right place

Since Conor changed his bum life.

Well, Nate isn't a Legend or a superstar

Woodley is special

Damn,this is sure a hard one to figure out.

He's not, he's just a slightly bigger name than everyone else since the Conor fight.

woodley could beat nate... just waking up out of bed with a 105 degree fever and no camp.

the diaz bros have never been elite.

if you have fight pass go watch:
gsp vs nick
rory vs nate

Was partying on vacation, gets on a plane, gets bloodied up, then kicks Conor's ass.

Legend.

Yes disappointing, under drawing, underachieving and under motivated fighter until the McG win. Then became some super high level draw and fighter?

Nope.

Him being a bad style matchup for Conor is his meal ticket.

He's not a legend. Nick and Nate have always been slightly well known to casuals because of their wild personalities/antics and the McGregor fight skyrocketed Nate's fame.

I started watching Nate since TUF. I don't know when on earth he became as big as he did.

He's interesting to me, but I wouldn't say if you ask me, a legend or a super star, or elite of the elites.

On that note, I guess Diaz/Woodley could work, cuz for me, Woodley is nothing special either. Just a pretty much cookie cutter wrestler/boxer that just struck gold at the right time and right place

Since March 2016.

I think that both Nate and Nick are a throwback to a different era where guys just came to fight. They aren’t really legendary fighters with an extraordinary skillsets that make them invincible.

Nate is similar to BJ Penn in that way. Fighter with a solid chin and great BJJ background but likes to throw hands. But put him in a bad stylistic matchup and the fight is pretty one sided. Clay Guida or Benson Henderson come to mind.

That being said, I enjoy watching Nate fight.

Fuck it. Let's just go for the whole promotion. None of 'em are all that special, when you think about it. Just guys that train in multiple facets of fighting in order to climb in a cage & try to render the other unconscious. Some of them just happen to win championship belts on the night that they happen to be fighting the champion. Nothing special about that. It's what all fighters aspire to do.

Back