Now with Woodley vs Diaz, there´s no doubt that Alvarez got the TS at LW for the same reason

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Yes, me and other people have always said this: how can Alvarez being 2-1 in the deepest toughest division in the ufc get a TS after getting destroyed by Cerrone on his debut and then getting 2 SHITTY SPLIT DECISIONS over Pettis and Melendez???? Yes, 2 shitty split decisions.
{<huh}<TheWire1>

It was pretty obvious at the time and even more obvious now that they´re giving Diaz a TS at WW. All calculated and done to facilitate Conor´s life to get belts to attract casuals. Getting a TS in the division above without EVER defending his original belt........... immediate rematch after getting choked the fuck out by a nobody who was on vacation and didn´t even have a camp........... and then gets catapulted straight to a TS after a shitty ridiculous majority decision where he kept running away for 5 rounds?????
<{outtahere}>

And this is a ridiculous theory.

And this is a ridiculous theory.
More ridiculous than Diaz getting a TS at WW?
FocusedInformalAlaskanhusky.gif

Yes, me and other people have always said this: how can Alvarez being 2-1 in the deepest toughest division in the ufc get a TS after getting destroyed by Cerrone on his debut and then getting 2 SHITTY SPLIT DECISIONS over Pettis and Melendez???? Yes, 2 shitty split decisions.
{<huh}<TheWire1>

It was pretty obvious at the time and even more obvious now that they´re giving Diaz a TS at WW. All calculated and done to facilitate Conor´s life to get belts to attract casuals. Getting a TS in the division above without EVER defending his original belt........... immediate rematch after getting choked the fuck out by a nobody who was on vacation and didn´t even have a camp........... and then gets catapulted straight to a TS after a shitty ridiculous majority decision where he kept running away for 5 rounds?????
<{outtahere}>
lol what? He beat Melendez who i believe was still ranked in the top 5 and Pettis who was like ranked #3 and that`s why he got a titleshot so quick. He fought the top of the division right away.

Eddie was just a can placed in the right spot at the right time. I think a few popular 155ers were injured and booked, and he just happened to be the last overhyped fighter standing. So, he got the shot. Fair play to him for winning.

However, he is one of the weakest champs I have ever witness. A 2-1 champ who couldn't defend. LOL

Melendez ranked with ZERO wins in the UFC? Oh I forgot, he had a win over Sanchez in a wild brawl. Yeah, that puts him in top 5 i'm sure.
<YeahOKJen>
melendez_vs_alvarez.jpg

Next time just shut the fuck up dude

{<huh}<TheWire1>

<{outtahere}>

You think this is more plausible than them setting an easy fight for GSP to get the welterweight belt?

Eddie was just a can placed in the right spot at the right time. I think a few popular 155ers were injured and booked, and he just happened to be the last overhyped fighter standing. So, he got the shot. Fair play to him for winning.

However, he is one of the weakest champs I have ever witness. A 2-1 champ who couldn't defend. LOL
No man, they kept booking Ferguson vs Khabib for them to eliminate each other. Ferguson could´ve EASILY gotten that shot, he more than deserved it.

I´d expect a 2007 account to be smarter than you, and recognize when a fighter is being heavily favoured like Conor is.
Oh he is definitely being favoured, and can do whatever the fuck he wants at this point.

I just don't think there is a conspiracy to help him win extra belts. A WW belt win over Diaz would be a bullshit belt anyway, and that's assuming Diaz won, which he probably won't.

It just seems like a stretch. If Diaz-Woodley happens, it will be because Woodley wants in on the McGregor sweepstakes and Diaz wants a payday.

You think this is more plausible than them setting an easy fight for GSP to get the welterweight belt?
Everybody is possible in this WME era. They sure don´t want to book Woodley against either Conor or GSP, it´s a terrible match up for them.

Oh he is definitely being favoured, and can do whatever the fuck he wants at this point.

I just don't think there is a conspiracy to help him win extra belts. A WW belt win over Diaz would be a bullshit belt anyway, and that's assuming Diaz won, which he probably won't.

It just seems like a stretch. If Diaz-Woodley happens, it will be because Woodley wants in on the McGregor sweepstakes and Diaz wants a payday.
A stretch like giving Conor an immediate rematch after getting choked by a nobody like Diaz on 5 days notice? And then getting catapulted to a TS after a majority-running-the-fuck-away-for-5-rounds-decision?????

Woodley vs Diaz would be way more egregious IMO. Eddie probably didn't deserve the shot, but this would be a different level.

A win over Melendez and Pettis meant a lot at the time.

Besides, he probably got the shot so that Dana could be like "UFC champs > Bellator Goofs", but it backfired.

Back