Overeem vs Antonio Silva was insane

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Overeem seemed to have a big lack of respect for Silvas skill and won the first two rounds against him. Overeem looked great and you could tell he was the more skilled of the two. Then he came out in rd 3 and got caught coming in and Silva laid on one of the nastiest combos to finish Overeem. He was out on his feet then Silva ran up over him and started yelling at him. You could tell there was alot of bad blood in that one.

overeem+knockout.gif

ZXUAsfPRtIU

Last edited:
Overeem fresh off of suspension lol it was a rough transition to Econoreem

you knew bigfoot was going to son him from the presser face off.

Was an insane finish. Overeem was fucking up Bigfoot until the end of the second round.

Weird man, myself and two other MMA fans were talking about that exact fight at work today.

When it was announced Overeem was first coming to the UFC I was ecstatic. Been one of my favorite fighters for years and I was certain he would hold a belt. Then, he had a shakey as shit start and it was hard to watch.

The Silva fight was just rough. That finish was hard to watch and I was convinced he would never hold a belt.

But times have changed. Econo-Reem is on a roll here and beating Ngannou would put him in contention. No easy feat though, this fight is going to be a fucking war.

Regardless, WAR Overeem!!

Overeem fresh off of suspension lol it was a rough transition to Econoreem

Pretty much this.

He didn't immediately turn it around after heading to Greg Jackson's but you could tell that if this fight happened again after the birth of the EconoReem, BF would be going to sleep. Reem stayed around to get fucked up against the cage. Greg Jackson fighters have no problem "running" to reset and gaining the space to work against dangerous brawlers.

Weird man, myself and two other MMA fans were talking about that exact fight at work today.

When it was announced Overeem was first coming to the UFC I was ecstatic. Been one of my favorite fighters for years and I was certain he would hold a belt. Then, he had a shakey as shit start and it was hard to watch.

The Silva fight was just rough. That finish was hard to watch and I was convinced he would never hold a belt.

But times have changed. Econo-Reem is on a roll here and beating Ngannou would put him in contention. No easy feat though, this fight is going to be a fucking war.

Regardless, WAR Overeem!!
Man.. I have never been more pumped for a HW fight as I am am for Reem- Ngannou. I like Reem but I really want Ngannou to be the next big thing. Tons of potential and this is a huge fight for him. I think hes gonna sleep reem.. either way looking forward to it.

Basically Overeem gassed as usual and lost, should have happened the same way against Werdum last fight but Werdum is an idiot.

Big foot clipped him at the end of the second round and Overeem was visibly gassed. He tried to play it off cool with his hands down etc, but Big Foot swarmed him.

Man.. I have never been more pumped for a HW fight as I am am for Reem- Ngannou. I like Reem but I really want Ngannou to be the next big thing. Tons of potential and this is a huge fight for him. I think hes gonna sleep reem.. either way looking forward to it.
it's weird how all of you are hyped about a big muscle bound black man that has no real mma skills other than KO'ing arshotski. closet cases

it's weird how all of you are hyped about a big muscle bound black man that has no real mma skills other than KO'ing arshotski. closet cases
{<huh}

If you arent excited for that fight then I feel sorry for you man

How ironic coming from someone with a username like yours.

Sort of the story of Reem's UFC losses, isn't it? Look real solid early and then get decimated. The only loss where he was pretty much getting tooled from the get go was the Big Ben fight. Ben had him looking sloppy and tentative and shooting in for takedowns from distance.

Against Silva, he was firmly in control, winning the fight comfortably before getting tagged bad late in the second and then put away in the third.

Against Browne, he came within seconds of stopping him (and some refs likely would have stopped that) but then got front kicked to oblivion in the second.

Against Stipe, he hurt the champ bad and had him in a bad spot to potentially get smoked. Stipe gutted through and viciously knocked Reem out.

U MUST HESPEK IT

How ironic coming from someone with a username like yours.
No Its actually not very ironic

Randleman had division 1 wrestling skills
Apparently TS is able to differentiate between the two beyond shallow physically with you or anybody else in this thread able to do the same
<{cruzshake}>

Reem is large and muscular too....but he is actually skilled....clinch, striking, ground game, tdd....yet this jag off is going knock him out?

Sherdog never ever ever learns it seems.....black Todd duffee better learn on a curve or he'll get exposed
Like the literally INNUMERABLE other hype trains that sherdoggers wanted to hold the belt and be the face of the UFC for no other reason than they simply have a physique like a pro wrassling champion and like a bar fighter cause they can't risk taking it to the ground

Last edited:
I remember watching this fight on my laptop, with one headphone in and the volume fairly low. Was not a fan of Overeem at the time, so i was really hoping that Bigfoot would be able to pull off the upset, but like everyone else, as the minutes went by, i started to lose hope.

The last minute of round 2, i started to go on my phone and ended up on Wikipedia because i didnt think the third round was going to go any differently...

As i said before, the volume on my laptop was pretty low, so i started to get lost in whatever it was i was reading, and next thing i know, i hear Joe start to do the usual "oh he clipped him" routine. I look up from my phone for the first time in a few minutes, and my jaw fucking dropped when i saw that it was Overeem against the cage getting teed off on by a VERY PISSED OFF Bigfoot Silva. One of the few times in MMA that ive been truly shocked. Awesome moment if your a fan of Bigfoot

Back