Have any former Bellator standouts reached success in the UFC?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Eddie Alvarez did win the LW title, but his only really solid performance was against RDA. He's 3-2-1, but could easily be 1-4-1 as two of his victories were close split decision wins.

Hector Lombard is 3-6-1

Will Brooks is 1-2

Alaxander Volkov seems to be on his way at 3-0, but hasn't faced the top of the heap yet.

Lyman Good is 1-1

Is there anybody else I'm missing

Alvarez is a badass, but to answer your question regarding anyone else, no. That said, Bellator has plenty of talent which the UFC hasn't signed. Curran, Patricio Pitbull, Strauss.. Those guys are all top level but at this point they're all getting a bit over into their post-prime years so I wouldn't expect them to break the top 5 in the UFC.

Jorge Masvidal has done decent for himself. Won't ever be champ though.

Jorge Masvidal has done decent for himself. Won't ever be champ though.
I always find it tough to classify Masvidal as an ex this or that fighter, because he started with Strikeforce first before Bellator was around, and then he was on Bellator 1, and then he got inverted triangled and left to go back to Strikeforce.

Alvarez was on his way out against Poirier but cheated....Having said that, not many have crossed from there, and he got the belt, even if it was out of pure luck.

I always find it tough to classify Masvidal as an ex this or that fighter, because he started with Strikeforce first before Bellator was around, and then he was on Bellator 1, and then he got inverted triangled and left to go back to Strikeforce.
Was he in Strikeforce first? I figured he went to Bellator and then Strikeforce before going over to the UFC.

That triangle was epic. And yes, this is all fact. I loathe when people proclaim guys like Robbie Lawler or Cain Velasquez to be Strikeforce fighters.

However, I can see the argument for Cerrone, Pettis and Bendo bring WEC fighters when they signed with the UFC (In a debate of UFC vs WEC rosters) as they really developed in that promotion.

Robbie and Jorge are more like journeymen.

I think Koreshkov and Lima would have every chance of being elite in the UFC. Koreshkov, in particular, is a very problematic style matchup for Woodley.

works both ways

Former UFC champ Benson should be 0--4 in Bellator

Larkin kicked ass in the UFC, went to Bellator and is now 0-2

Ben Saunders is 5-2 in the UFC, about as successful as he was in Bellator.

Lorenz Larkin? Won 4 of his last 5 before he left. Beat Masidival and Magny.

Not technically a Bellator fighter before but he is there now.

Marcin Held has been wrecking shit.

<36>

Lorenz Larkin? Won 4 of his last 5 before he left. Beat Masidival and Magny.

Not technically a Bellator fighter before but he is there now.
0-2 there as well.

Bellator hasn't been kind to him.

Volkan Oezdimir is fighting Cormier for the LHW title .

Really surprised at how terrible Will Brooks has done. Didn’t expect him to wreck shop but I expected him to at least be stiff comp for the top 10 in UFC.

works both ways

Former UFC champ Benson should be 0--4 in Bellator

Larkin kicked ass in the UFC, went to Bellator and is now 0-2

Bendo is 1-3 and Larkin wasn't a UFC standout. For the only UFC stand out to flub in Belator has been. Benson. Mousasi looked like shit, but he was never getting anywhere near a title in the UFC.

All of the other UFC standouts that are in there Prime (Rory, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader) have been wrecking shop.

No. Most of them wind in prison within weeks of leaving Bellator.

Back