If Khabib fights, will he destroy Barboza?

glasshouses999

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo2_400.gif

That's a big IF.

Is there a betting line going for him to fight or not?

Barboza is a tough fight to come back to after a layoff. I think Khabib takes it but theres always the risk of getting kicked anywhere by Edson and going down

Tbh I think Barboza has turned quite the corner. I expect him to defend takedowns and murk Khabib standing. Highlight ko for Edson

I don't think he can beat Barbosa if he can't beat a burrito.

His hardest challenge will be making it to the octagon.

If he makes it there, it will be a very easy fight.

Tbh I think Barboza has turned quite the corner. I expect him to defend takedowns and murk Khabib standing. Highlight ko for Edson

No way he can defend his takedowns. If Khabib loses its via head kick/punches between TD attempts.

His hardest challenge will be making it to the octagon.

If he makes it there, it will be a very easy fight.

I honestly believe he is the best fighter in the UFC if he can make weight, at least whilst he's at lightweight. At a higher weight class he might find his strength advantage negated.

Very hard to stop a top wrestler from clinching you. He'd have to stop TD's from there to win, can't avoid the clinch with footwork alone, if Khabib aggressively pursues getting there. I think it'll look similar to Khabib/MJ with the exception of Barboza landing some hard knees and kicks instead of punches.

This is one of Khabib's toughest matchups in the UFC imo, if not the toughest.

He would ragdoll Conor, and while Ferguson can compete on the ground I think he is too comfortable on his back and Khabib would not be threatened by his guard and woudl control him and win a decision.

Barboza has had his ups and downs, but he has never been simply taken down and beaten up/controlled that I can remember, his TDD is good and his insane athleticism certainly helps. The speed difference between these guys will be massive. I still favor Khabib but he will need to stay in Edson's face and in the clinch.

Barboza is a tough fight to come back to after a layoff. I think Khabib takes it but theres always the risk of getting kicked anywhere by Edson and going down

idk theres always a punchers chance every 5 minutes but if Khabib gets in on a single you're going for a ride.

He'll get tiger knee'd a la dariush just while shooting and his lights will get put out

Khabib wins every time he makes weight. It's making the weight that's causing problems...

Back