Does Joanna deserve a rematch?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
She defended the title multiple times...does she deserve a rematch against Rose?

I think Joanna is the better fighter and just got caught.

FINALLY.. someone made this thread

For the Millionth Fucking time.

No she fight the winner of Andrade vs KK for contendor fight she tap tap

Yes: She was a dominant champion and defended multiple times

No: She was absolutely dominated start to finish with Rose

Sure, they make the argument for other long term champs.

Nobody should get an immediate rematch, especially someone who gets finished. The only reason an immediate rematch is warranted is if a fight ends in:

-NC
-DQ
-Freak injury
-Extremely blatant robbery
-Draw

Not really, but I wouldn't mind it. I don't want to see Andrade demolish Rose.

Why? She got knocked out. It doesn't matter how many times she defended the belt before getting knocked out. It happened. If Joanna wants another titleshot, then she needs to earn it.

Last edited:
The Rat Face got destroyed. The rematch makes no sense, but I would still be glad to see Rose beat her ass again.

When you get blown out like that no, take a few fights first.

No! Rose's victory should be good enough for the ufc, why does she have to beat her again?

I don't think she does. It was a 1st round finish.
Although the division isn't very deep, so having immediate rematches wouldn't hold anything up.
Aldo didn't get an immediate rematch. Neither did Dillashaw and that was a split decision.
You only get title shots after coming off knockout losses in the LHW division.

well they gave Renan Barao a instant rematch, and SW is not exactly a deep division and JJ tooled all the other title contenders (Andrade, Kowalkiewicz), so I think JJ deserves a rematch, and the UFC is very likely going to give it to her.

jake-no.gif

I am against all immediate re-matches when it comes to championship fights. Unless it was a razor thin decesion.

I think most champs these days have a rematch clause written into their contracts though and that annoys me.

I love Joanna but girl please work your way back up.

She tapped to strikes in a minute, that doesn't get you an immédiate rematch. What if she gets caught the next fight, she juste taps again and tried again ?
This being sais, she will get a title shot, juste like rousey did.

I don't care how dominant of a champion someone is, if you get smoked like that you need to fight someone else to earn a rematch.

Back