UFC on Fox 26 is looking good

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC on Fox 26 will be held December 16. I think this one is decent and it looks more convincing than most other remaining cards this year to be honest. I think they'll come up with a new opponent for Lamas in time.

The card is far from being as stacked as the unreal UFC 217 obviously, but it has names you recognize and that are known to bring it in the octagon.

Main Card (Fox)

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Ricardo Lamas vs. TBD
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Jan Błachowicz vs. Jared Cannonier
Vitor Miranda vs. Julian Marquez
Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bafondo
Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins
John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo
Alessio Di Chirico vs. Oluwale Bamgbose

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Jordan Mein vs. Erick Silva
Nordine Taleb vs. Sultan Aliev
Sheldon Westcott vs. Danny Roberts

So good to see Lawler and Dos Anjos back in the cage, they'll put on a show without question. According to Dana, the winner of the main event gets a TS against Woodley. I won't comment on that one.

I also like that we see another fight Blachowicz. His last one he finished with a bulldog choke against a decent wrestler, remember?

janchoke.jpg

Is this a christmas present of the JBG or not, Sherdog? What's your favorite fight on that card? Who should Lamas fight? Does Justin Scoggins manage to beat himself via RNC again? Will Ponzinibbio finally be punished for his eyepokes?
YBhcsvY.gif

War Mike Perry!

I can't wait for erick Silva he has potential to do big things.

Yeah that's a monster FOX card looking forward to that one.

Exactly. That’s why they are building him up slow and putting him on the fight pass prelims. Great way to build young talent up.

UFC on Fox 26 will be held December 16. I think this one is decent and it looks more convincing than most other remaining cards this year to be honest. I think they'll come up with a new opponent for Lamas in time.

The card is far from being as stacked as the unreal UFC 217 obviously, but it has names you recognize and that are known to bring it in the octagon.

Main Card (Fox)

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Ricardo Lamas vs. TBD
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Jan Błachowicz vs. Jared Cannonier
Vitor Miranda vs. Julian Marquez
Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bafondo
Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins
John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo
Alessio Di Chirico vs. Oluwale Bamgbose

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Jordan Mein vs. Erick Silva
Nordine Taleb vs. Sultan Aliev
Sheldon Westcott vs. Danny Roberts

So good to see Lawler and Dos Anjos back in the cage, they'll put on a show without question. According to Dana, the winner of the main event gets a TS against Woodley. I won't comment on that one.

I also like that we see another fight Blachowicz. His last one he finished with a bulldog choke against a decent wrestler, remember?

janchoke.jpg

Is this a christmas present of the JBG or not, Sherdog? What's your favorite fight on that card? Who should Lamas fight? Does Justin Scoggins manage to beat himself via RNC again? Will Ponzinibbio finally be punished for his eyepokes?
YBhcsvY.gif

War Mike Perry!
That choke looks like an odd angle rear naked choke. These are bulldogs.

l.gif

pennington-chokes-out-evans-smith.gif

<{anton}>

You highlight a good point here. Fighters like him have an exciting style (like Skoggins) and yet manage to lose half of their fights. I love to watch cards filled with fighters like this. They'll have to mop the canvas between rounds.

Mike perry being on it makes it one of the best three cards this year.

Great card.

Erick Silva is rightfully getting a lot of praise in this thread. He's the most exciting young prospect since Jones.

Last edited:
Mike perry being on it makes it one of the best three cards this year.

Oh Jesus..

Excited to see Lawler back at it I hope he knocks RDA's head clean off. Curious as to who's available for Lamas right now. They have just over a month so they should be able to get him someone formidable I hope. Overall looks to be a decent card but you know how that goes I'll wait to reserve judgement until after.

Silva/Mein is a matchup of two of the hottest young and hungry prospects in the sport

wow that is actually a pretty good card.. cheers.

Oooh Erick Silva's on the prelims! I'm hyped for suuure, talk about potential!

Very good card.

I like Blachowics vs Cannonier, RDA vs Lawler, and Perry vs Ponz. Would love to see Ponz punished for his ugly eyepokes, will be cheering for Perry in that one.

It's a great card. The UFC have seriously screwed Lamas though :(

Hell of a card.

This is a make it break fight for Lawler. He looked old and like the best days have passed him by in his last fight.

Perry vs Ponzi is definitely the highlight, but there's some really cool fights.

Excited to see what that Silva kid can do as well. Lots of potential there.

<{JustBleed}>

Last edited:
Bums should have used some of these fights for a PPV
Fox always gets pretty good cards - they have the widest audience, so giving them a few brawls and putting lots of finishers on the card is a business move.

Now that Aldo is out of that card they should promote Mike-Ponzy to co-main event.

Perry should be main eventing against Lawler. Still a dope card tho.

Back