Is Conor McGregor losing his core fanbase ?

Are you a Conor McGregor fan ?

• Total voters

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We all know Conman is more popular than ever as far as the mainstream who knows dick about MMA is concerned, but are his core fans still aboard the train ?

I thought I was the only one who just can't relate anymore to Conor, but I've been seeing a lot of similar opinions from the "old guard" of Conor.

There are people who get rich and successful, yet retain the qualities that made them reach th top. A prime example would be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Dude perfectly handled the money and the fame.

And then you have people who go full retard, like Conor. Ducking competition, trying to portray himself as some sort of elite businessman, and being an overall insufferable douche. Take as an example last week's circus. Even if you take away shoving a referee and slapping an official, it was still a pathetic "look at me, I'm supporting my teammate !" attention grab.

He's making it harder for his initial fanbase to relate to him. In a way, it's fun, because he's now become this supervillain whom you will cheer against.

It was interesting to see him shift from being a good-hearted dude who played up a douche persona to sell fights, to a coke-fueled douche who plays up a good-hearted persona in order to sell his documentary, scotch whiskey, cardio training program (LOL !), or whatever the fuck he's doing to rort money from his newfound douche fans.

I still support him and will still cheer him on, but after his actions at Bellator I def kinda care a bit less about him and whether or not he wins or loses against Tony. I'm still gonna cheer for him, but wont feel too bad about the result if he gets his ass handed to him.

No because he has an army of clueless, swan necked, snowflake, casuals.

Last edited:
He is certainly getting douchier by the day but still support him.

The guy simply delivers in the cage, where it matters.

Never liked him but I think his willingness to avoid fights and hold up divisions is changing the view his fans had off him.

He's a pussy. Strip him from the belt pussies

Conor's fanbase developed a new passion since the new Justin Bieber album is out. They're gone . Conor was the flavor of the month

Last edited:
I am still not convinced of McGregors skills as a complete MMA fighter.

He's only fought 1 wrestler so far, and it was on 2 weeks notice.

So he was never my friend.

Well to be honest, his core fanbase is about 2 years old and doesn't seem to care about title defenses. I'd say the answer is no.

yes

McGregor's stock peaked about six months ago and has been declining rapidly after the Bellator bs

For now, yeah.

When he fights tony( and probably wins)

all will be pretty much back to normal I would imagine.

I never liked the guy, but I always respected him simply because he came to fight and I always got my moneys worth.

Hard to do that when he hasn't fought in the cage where he belongs in over a year. I can't respect a guy willing to hold up a division and other fighters hopes and dreams for his own self image, which he's been tarnishing the past couple months, and lack of self confidence considering he will not defend his belt plain and simple.

Conor is a prime example of some of the worst things money can do to a person.

We all know Conman is more popular than ever as far as the mainstream who knows dick about MMA is concerned, but are his core fans still aboard the train ?

I thought I was the only one who just can't relate anymore to Conor, but I've been seeing a lot of similar opinions from the "old guard" of Conor.

There are people who get rich and successful, yet retain the qualities that made them reach th top. A prime example would be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Dude perfectly handled the money and the fame.

And then you have people who go full retard, like Conor. Ducking competition, trying to portray himself as some sort of elite businessman, and being an overall insufferable douche. Take as an example last week's circus. Even if you take away shoving a referee and slapping an official, it was still a pathetic "look at me, I'm supporting my teammate !" attention grab.

He's making it harder for his initial fanbase to relate to him. In a way, it's fun, because he's now become this supervillain whom you will cheer against.

It was interesting to see him shift from being a good-hearted dude who played up a douche persona to sell fights, to a coke-fueled douche who plays up a good-hearted persona in order to sell his documentary, scotch whiskey, cardio training program (LOL !), or whatever the fuck he's doing to rort money from his newfound douche fans.
Even fangirls grow up. It's not their fault puberty kicks in and they want to get rid of cringey idols asap.

hating on something just cuz its popular is so dumb.

conor is everything you would want in a fighter.

I want a fighter to, you know, actually fight.
conor actually fought more often than most fighters even with his preggo break and biggest ppv or 2nd biggest?

conor is actually very active other than his preggo break.

Back