Anyone else sick of....

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...the MMA media covering MMA from a business perspective? A perfect example was Luke Thomas and Ariel on the MMA Beat (which I enjoy) talking about who should replace Frankie vs Max at UFC 218. "Cub only has 1 fight left on his contract" was mentioned. How about if Cub is the better fight then its Cub and the contract situation is dealt with by UFC and the fighter.

I wish they would cover the fights and match making based on the sport. How much the fighters or the UFC make isn't important to me at all.

Fook watching any MMA Media.

I get all the news and info I need from all you Punks on here.

MMA can never be a league unfortunately. It'll always be prize fighting where promoters choose to make fights on the basis of money. That is how it always has been, despite the foggy memory of all the 2015+ accounts we see around here who want to go back to the good old days.

They're just trying to figure how the UFC sees things. They can report on the ideal version of the sport all they want, but they'll be consistently wrong and ultimately lose viewers who want to know what is going to happen. I agree that constantly hearing about draw power and contracts is boring and lame, but it's the reality in this sport.

I thought it was going to say

"people that don't finish typing the title of a thread!"

I get the necessary news from all the cucks here on sherdog.

"Just let them Bang Bro" !!! To bad 2017 is the year of "Money-Fights". And the guys who deserve the shot get to fight on a FS1 Fight Night.

MMA can never be a league unfortunately. It'll always be prize fighting where promoters choose to make fights on the basis of money. That is how it always has been, despite the foggy memory of all the 2015+ accounts we see around here who want to go back to the good old days.
Promoting fights that make the most money is the job of the promoter but why does the media cover that to an equal or possibly greater extent than the fights? Does ESPN cover how many Patriots jerseys are sold in the day to day highlights? No because who the Fnck cares. If you like the Pats and buy a Brady jersey or whatever great but I don't care about the revenue generated. I don't give a shit about how much a PPV sells I care about whether I am excited to see the fights. It seems like the money involved is the only thing talked about. That and fighters calling each other F@ggot.

It made you click on my thread didn't it?
Any opinion on the topic?

Click bait guy complaining about media coverage. I think that you are to mma forums, what you are complaining about in mma media. This forum is about fights and fighters, not media coverage.

Click bait guy complaining about media coverage. I think that you are to mma forums, what you are complaining about in mma media. This forum is about fights and fighters, not media coverage.
That is what I was discussing. Media coverage is how we get to view the sport unless you buy tickets to every event and see it live. The shows are presented by the media. Why are you so crusty?

That is what I was discussing. Media coverage is how we get to view the sport unless you buy tickets to every event and see it live. The shows are presented by the media. Why are you so crusty?

So, you want to discuss the media... in the fight forum? If I don't like what is being said in the media, I turn it off, or don't read it. But, I think you are making waves, and I am sure they are reading your thread. I am sure you you will see some good changes coming soon!

Mainstream MMA media, or what could be called that, is way too in the bag for the UFC. So they will always cover things in that fashion. They are basically corporate.

Back