Today I was watching the last WEC event again and no doubt THAT was prime Dominick Cruz. BW GOAT

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
.... god damn that performance displayed by Dominick Cruz against Jorgensen in the last WEC event and for the UFC belt was outstanding. Spectacular. Against a really tough and well rounded guy. Jorgensen was a bad mofo, and had one of the sickest finishes I've ever seen, a standing guillotine. Jorgensen at the time was 7-1 in his last 8 fights in WEC, and was riding a 5 fight winning streak when he fought Cruz.
Jorgensen-submission.gif

But Cruz was just too fast for him.... his footwork and agility just on a different level. Very unpredictable with his angles and combos. He absolutely dominated Jorgensen and got a 50-45 UD.
3.gif

HatefulNiceChrysalis.gif

InfantileSomeFlyingsquirrel.gif

That was prime Dominick Cruz right there, no doubt about it.

BW GOAT

Thoughts?

Not gonna say you’re wrong, but it was against Jorgensen.

That was no doubt a faster Cruz though.

He looked great against Bowles too, but all of these wins are undervalued by a lot of people now who didn't follow the lighter divisions back in those days.

Not gonna say you’re wrong, but it was against Jorgensen.

That was no doubt a faster Cruz though.
Dude at the time was legit. And in WEC there was no cutting in the line like we see in the UFC. He deserved. Like I said, he was 7-1 and riding a 5 fight winning streak.

Cruz is an animal. Not many people come back from what he did and become champion.

Lol to find a marquee performance from Cruz ts had to dredge up a DECISION win against p4p entrant and all-time great Scott Jorgensen LOL.

Cruz Dosent have a single finish over an elite fighter. Got emasculated by Cody, FINISHED by faber, and lost his belt getting schwacked around the cage like a bitch after avoiding a rematch w Tj

Easy to see the casuals around here. Jorgenson was no scrub at that time

If TJ would have won that, extremely close and controversial, decision against Cruz:
  • TJ would easily be the BW GOAT
  • Have 6 title defnses
  • And be top 3 P4P

In a multiverse that would be TJ's prime MMA timeline

You can clearly see the flaws in his boxing cody exploited in those gifs.

Injuries might limit the length of Cruz's career but honestly he doesn't look much slower recently to me, hardly say Shogun who went from racing around the ring to a stationary brawler.

I don't think too many people will disagree that Cruz is the BW GOAT.

Lol to find a marquee performance from Cruz ts had to dredge up a DECISION win against p4p entrant and all-time great Scott Jorgensen LOL.

Cruz Dosent have a single finish over an elite fighter. Got emasculated by Cody, FINISHED by faber, and lost his belt getting schwacked around the cage like a bitch after avoiding a rematch w Tj

damn son, did Cruz shit in your cornflakes or you a tam member?

If TJ would have won that, extremely close and controversial, decision against Cruz:
  • TJ would easily be the BW GOAT
  • Have 6 title defnses
  • And be top 3 P4P

In a multiverse that would be TJ's prime MMA timeline
TJ could EASILY have won the first fight with Assuncao too.

GSP's last finish before Bisping in 2017 was in 2008 when he finished Serra. Cruz never stayed that long without a finish.... he finished Bowles in 2010, and Mizugaki in 2014.
<seedat>

Lol you should’ve just said you don’t like Cruz instead of acting like he’s never done anything great. He was brought in for Faber to beat super early in his career, and then never lost again until the fight with Cody and beat faber twice after that. There’s plenty of examples ts could’ve used but he used one where he had s flawless performance against a guy who was on a five fight winning streak.

Also, why would he instant rematch a guy he just beat? Cruz had never lost the belt and came back after years of being out and beat TJ. Like I said, next time just say you don’t like him, unless you like coming off as a complete jack ass.

The lack of respect Cruz gets is insane to me. Guy is EASILY a goat candidate. Something like 10-2 against top 10 opponents, with one of those losses very early in his career and the other after several very serious injuries and surgeries. Defended belt like what, 5 times including victories over TJ, MM, and Benavidez.

Fans are quick on this site to make excuses for someone like Shogun after he has a bad injury, but Cruz doesn’t get the leniency for whatever reason. Dude is amazing

Back