What are Holm's chances of beating Cyborg

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
Its looking more and more likely that they will be the main event of UFC 219. If this is the case its quite a strange fight and complex to breakdown. Holm has looked very poor of late, only just recently breaking her 3 fight loss streak against bethe correia of which she was looking straight awful before the knockout. Cyborg on the other hand has been winning as usual but looked not as good in her most recent fight against tonya evinger, im thinking this is just going to be 50-45 to cyborg, maybe a late stoppage. I dont think this will be a good fight, holm will be very passive.

Holm usually chokes... the Rousey fight being an exception. I would love to see her KO Cyborg though

Holm got beat up GDR

Cyborg is GDR times 5. she has no chance.

If Cyborg could hang with Claressa Shields in boxing, she should be able to handle Holly Holm. This fight ain't going to the ground.

Holm got beat up GDR

Cyborg is GDR times 5. she has no chance.
yeah i pretty much agree, I give her a chance because everyone has a chance, holm just a very small one

Cyborg should be the rightful favorite but her going in wild and getting knocked out is a real possibility imo.

Cyborg has to watch out for the left high kick and fight patiently like she did against Tonya. If she does that she finishes Holly within 3.
Unless she decides to take it to the ground. That would look like a splatter movie then.

1-3 in your last 4 = a title shot. They gotta get rid of the division. Cyborg will never do big PPV numbers as the main draw.

thought this fight wasn't happening?

this division is a fucking joke anyway, there's like what, 4 girls? and none of them want to fight.

I think Holme wins almost certainly. Cyborgs last fight was super shit against a short notice blown up 135 pounder. Holm is an amazing boxer/kickboxer and will technically outpoint her.

Its looking more and more likely that they will be the main event of UFC 219. If this is the case its quite a strange fight and complex to breakdown. Holm has looked very poor of late, only just recently breaking her 3 fight loss streak against bethe correia of which she was looking straight awful before the knockout. Cyborg on the other hand has been winning as usual but looked not as good in her most recent fight against tonya evinger, im thinking this is just going to be 50-45 to cyborg, maybe a late stoppage. I dont think this will be a good fight, holm will be very passive.

I favor Holm in that fight. Especially considering the level of competition that Cyborg has faced, which for some bizarre reason is rarely brought up.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has no chance, but whatever let em bang bro.

<{JustBleed}>

Pretty good. Cyborg can kill anybody, but I’d say 50/50 at worst.

Holly is a prolific counterstriker, Cyborg might get abused. If Holm can stay away long enough.

Cyborg should be the rightful favorite but her going in wild and getting knocked out is a real possibility imo.

You should be banned for writing stupid shit like this.....give me an example in MMA that thats ever happened to Cris Cyborg Santos..........fuck off!

I favor Holm in that fight. Especially considering the level of competition that Cyborg has face, which for some bizarre reason is rarely brought up.
Oh i agree her competition is poor and i suppose because they dont really have any common opponents I just have to use the eye test and with holy's poor performances of late I simply favor cyborg but of course anything can happen.

1-3 in your last 4 = a title shot. They gotta get rid of the division. Cyborg will never do big PPV numbers as the main draw.

Cyborg vs Holloway for the unified 145lb belt

I favor Holm in that fight. Especially considering the level of competition that Cyborg has face, which for some bizarre reason is rarely brought up.

No valid opinions above because they are all Cyborg haters.

Oh i agree her competition is poor and i suppose because they dont really have any common opponents I just have to use the eye test and with holy's poor performances of late I simply favor cyborg but of course anything can happen.

Cyborg beat Carano and Holm has looked like crap since the Rousey fight. Holly has only beaten Bethe since.

Cyborg will destroy her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back