Back in the vale tudo days when both Wanderlei and Rafael Cordeiro used to fight bare knuckles

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Back in the vale tudo days when both Wanderlei and Rafael Cordeiro used to fight bare knuckles, there was this one time, when they were both scheduled to fight on the same night. Cordeiro's fight was 1st, and right before Silva's..... and Cordeiro had a very tough fight, he spent almost 30 minutes in that ring in a fight that had no time limit.... it was a gruelling fight, literally a bloodbath! But he won....

Cordeiro goes back to the locker room, where Wanderlei was getting ready. So he tells Wandy that it was his turn to fight.... and then Cordeiro goes take his shower.
As soon as Cordeiro comes out of the shower, Wanderlei is still sitting there. Cordeiro then tells him again: "it´s your turn to fight man, what are you still doing here?"

And Wanderlei answers: "I just came back.... I knocked the other guy out in 20 seconds".....

Here, let master Cordeiro tell you himself.... timestamped.

entrevista_rudimar_chuteboxe0018.jpg

War Silva
wanderlei+silva+warming+up.gif

too bad vale tudo competitions are officially banned in brazil, would watch them

This is when I officially lost respect for Wanderlei. He treated Chris like a piece of shit after that fight. Chris in the post fight interview said Wandy was his idol and thanked him very emotionally and Wandy shat on him

This is when I officially lost respect for Wanderlei. He treated Chris like a piece of shit after that fight. Chris in the post fight interview said Wandy was his idol and thanked him very emotionally and Wandy shat on him

He's not known for his sportsmanship eh? I used to love his kill or be killed approach.

giphy.gif

These guys would probably volunteer to be gladiators if they lived back in the roman days.

He's not known for his sportsmanship eh? I used to love his kill or be killed approach.

Yea I used to love it too, it was something different about that fight though with Leben. If you get a chance watch it

Yea I used to love it too, it was something different about that fight though with Leben. If you get a chance watch it

Oh I saw it. Wand got smoked like no other fight I can remember.

Care to elaborate?

Some of those old school guys are tough as nails. Add Igor to that list

Yea tbh he was so fucking upset though, don't think he meant to disrespect leben.

I dont get how you not always break your hands while punching full force without protection. I think I would have tapped to the pain of my own punches ;)

I know of some fighters who destroyed their knuckles (MC joint) while fighting.

Wanderlei really needs some respect put on his name. GOAT candidate at his peak.

Back