UFC 218 bout order set

McGeezle

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
zlGUYCZ.png

Why...

Momentum killed after Iaquinta/Felder. But I'm sure Tecia/Hottie will get lots of buys from people who weren't gonna buy anyway
giphy.gif

lol @ Tecia / Waterson getting a main card slot over

Felder / Iaquinta

Yancy / Cowboy Oliveira

David Teymur / Drakkar Klose

giphy.gif

Male or female, I don’t give a shit.

But the ufc needs to work on their pacing. Having a wmma fight on the ppv just to have one bothers me.

Put fights on ppv that people want to see.

It will bring as many or more buys than any of those prelims would. The card is basically in perfect order of highest ranked fighters to lowest—which is exactly how it should be.

In fact, if it were based only on rankings then the Herrig vs Casey fight would be the featured prelim. Haters gonna hate.

Last edited:
Male or female, I don’t give a shit.

But the ufc needs to work on their pacing. Having a wmma fight on the ppv just to have one bothers me.

Put fights on ppv that people want to see.
UFC thinks 50% of its audience is female, and so they've made it a priority to have a female fight on the main card of every event from now till the foreseeable future (preferably co-main).

When PVZ vs. Eye got pulled from 216 they didn't even consider moving Lando/Green or Tavares/Leites to PPV. Instead they signed and threw together Mara Romero Borella vs. Kalindra Faria. Again they are willing to go deep to assure WMMA is on as many main cards as possible.

Last edited:
It's like you mother fuckers still don't understand how this works. You get exciting fights to top the bill at the prelims so people will buy the PPV, what happens once that starts is less important because you already have their money and people will generally not turn away once they've paid.

lol @ Tecia / Waterson getting a main card slot over

Felder / Iaquinta

Yancy / Cowboy Oliveira

David Teymur / Drakkar Klose

giphy.gif
Count your blessings. Before Waterson vs Torres was announced you know they were mulling over putting Herrig vs Casey in that spot.

It's like you mother fuckers still don't understand how this works. You get exciting fights to top the bill at the prelims so people will buy the PPV, what happens once that starts is less important because you already have their money and people will generally not turn away once they've paid.
I've never heard of a situation where someone bought a PPV because the bout they would've paid for was instead given to them for free. I'm sure UFC knows it works but it just seems very odd to me personally.

I've never heard of a situation where someone bought a PPV because the bout they would've paid for was instead given to them for free. I'm sure UFC knows it works but it just seems very odd to me personally.

Whether it works or not, I don't know. I know that's their plan with these things, though. Just because you've never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't work. I mean there are those fights, usually WMMA fights to be honest, that are so bad that I don't want to even watch fights after that. Luckily for me, I don't have to pay for PPVs.

It makes sense to me though, people typically don't know these fighters anyway, not well enough to make or break their PPV purchase on paper. The more exciting fight could be the difference between them buying the PPV or not. Plus, they do have an obligation to FOX to put decent fights on the prelims.

I tend to buy ppv's for the fights on the ppv, not because of how good the prelims were, as I understand they have no influence on the following fights.

I would put gaethje vs eddie ahead of cejudo vs pettis but they are both great fights still. They are building cejudo up for that second shot at mm.
Sick, sick prelims too.

Iaquinta/Felder is a better prelim headliner than Watterson/Torres, considering the purpose of that slot is for it to be a last ditch effort to hype you up to buy the PPV.

I am disappointed in a lot of you ITT. You guys should know better.

I tend to buy ppv's for the fights on the ppv, not because of how good the prelims were, as I understand they have no influence on the following fights.

You understand that, as do most of us and even the casual fans. I think it's more a sub-conscious thing, seeing a good fight puts you in the mood to watch more fights. Watching a stinker, puts you off watching fights, let alone paying for them.

Pettis can move down for Alvarez/Gaethje. Overeem is going to get destroyed and Max is gonna send Frankie to yet another title shot somewhere.

I would put gaethje vs eddie ahead of cejudo vs pettis but they are both great fights still. They are building cejudo up for that second shot at mm.
Sick, sick prelims too.
That bothers me too but if I complained about it in OP I would be crucified

Bet Overeem pulls out with an injury and Magana vs Cooper moves up to main card

Bet Overeem pulls out with an injury and Magana vs Cooper moves up to main card
hopefully m8. My internet blocks all nsfw stuff so wmma is the closest I get, like everyone else on here apparently

Edgar/Holloway
Reem/Ngannou
Gaethje/Alvarez

Fucking dream fights! All 3 of these are going to be amazing brawls!

Cejudo vs Pettis is a very good fight too. Even though I think Cejudo is a couple levels above Pettis, I think Pettis is tough and he will take a lot of damage and It will be entertaining. Cejudo is on a mission to rematch DJ.

Back