Is Kings MMA or Hooft's Combat Club the Best Striking Camp in MMA Right Now?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Notable Kings Fighters:
Fabricio Werdum
Lyoto Machida
Kelvin Gastelum
Beneil Dariush
Jake Ellenberger

Notable Fighters under Hooft:
Volkan Oezdemir
Luke Rockhold
Robbie Lawler
Matt Mitrione
Kamaru Usman

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

Thoughts?

Imagine if they made King Hoofts MMA Club
<seedat>

Lol mma noob never heard of Glendale Fighting Club.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cordeiro turned fighters like RDA, Werdum, Gastelum and Dariush into legit dangerous strikers. All those guys were primarily grapplers with OK to shitty striking.

Even though Lyoto has been in a little of a downhill, his striking was really refined by Cordeiro. Lyoto used a lot of muay thai, boxing and kick boxing techniques against Mousasi in his 2014 fight. That was a lot due to Cordeiro's ability and Lyoto's humble acceptance

If one is from Kings MMA, does that make you a kingsman?

Those are definitely the two best striking gyms.

I am not sure who is better between those two camps. Very hard to decide because they are both great. Maybe I will lean slightly toward Kings because Cordeiro has turned pure grapplers into very dangerous strikers like Dariush and Werdum. I loved RDA when he was at Kings too.

Everybody at Kings really improves their kicking game. The low kicks and body kicks.

Kings is my pick

Even though hes semi retired, you have to include Rumble on Hoofts list

And no mention of Michael Johnson either?

Werdum outstruck Overeem in some rounds in their fights, so Codeiro is my pick.

A very slight edge to combat club because guys get injured less there, but Cordero is the best at blending pressure kickboxing and jiujitsu

I’m going with Cordeiro because he seems like a better cornerman, whereas Hooft just yells “don’t give up” without giving actual instructions (when his fighter is not performing well).

I know this thread was about which is the better striking camp, but to me, if you teach someone striking but don’t follow through when they’re losing the fight, you (as a camp) lose value.

Hard to decide they both have strong cases:

Rumble not being outstruck for a while.

Michael johnson having great footwork to make up for his weird punching technique.

While freaking Cordeiro turns a man who used to throw slaps into a legit striker (not counting his fight against stipe, thats a shitty fight iq thing).

Wherever Ray Sefo coaches. People overlook this, but TRTVitor was a product of Ray Sefo. Sefo was working with Vitor a lot during that time, which is when he started KOing people with spin kicks.

Kings. Several of those hooft bums are punching bags with absolutely horrific defense.

Back