Wonderboy vs Masvidal Predictions

Mason Magboo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Less than 2 weeks away from UFC 217. Before the three title fights, Wonderboy faces Jorge Masvidal. Who ya got for this one? I got Wonderboy by decision

Fan of both. Really want Masvidal vs Woodley. But think Wonderboy my outpoint him. Either way, I want to see an exciting war!!!

I think Wonderboy will pick him apart.

Honestly don't know who takes this one.

The hands of Mas vs the feet of Wonderboy.

Hopefully they don't have too much respect for each other and fight a stand-offish contest.

Wanna see some

akiPX6x.gif

I don't see many people able to beat wonderboy if he's given distance. and I think masvidal will give too much distance and Thompson will tko him

Wonderboy 30-27 in a fairly boring fight because both guys will have so much respect for each others stand up.

Thinking Wonderboy by decision.

They are both standup fighters.....one of the fighters is the best total striker in the division, the other is a pretty decent boxer......

Wonderboy KO round 2 or 3

Everyone always sleeps on Masvidal. Keep sleeping on that dude, he thrives off of it. That bein said this should be an excellent fight, look for Mas to try and get inside and get some clinch/mat work done.

Wonderboy 30-27 in a fairly boring fight because both guys will have so much respect for each others stand up.

I agree that both dudes can be tentative to the point of sheer frustration, waiting to pick their shots for rounds at a time. I think it goes to decision for either guy.

Masvidal will send Wondergirl back to point karate where the competition is a little easier.

Wonderboy smokes him. I've said it before but Masvidal is the most overrated fighter by quality sherdog posters.

Masvidal's striking is very underrated, some of the best in the game, but Wonderboy is a big WW who is good at controlling range and being out of range of counters, which is Masvidals strength. If Wonderboy doesn't have to worry about takedowns, I think Wondeboy won't have trouble controlling the range and get a decision victory or KO. Masvidal has improved wrestling, manly takedown defense. Haven't seen much offensive wrestling, as he usually doens't need it. But I wonder if it is there in his pocket, since he trains with TWood. If Masvidal can mix in some offensive wrestling with striking, I think he can make it interesting. Masvidal also has a habit of catching kicks for counters. I honestly think that is what Masvidal is going to rely on. That could be a mistake against a Karate practitioner like Wonderboy who can fake low and go high. But if Jorge does catch a leg, he usually captalizes.

I'm pretty sure it goes to the scorecards, most likely a win for wonderboy. He should be able to keep the fight at kicking range with those front leg side kicks. Masvidal could close the distance and make it a boxing fight tho, and wb's non existant head movement would be a problem.
I don't see it going to the ground.

Wonderboy, hopefully by flashy finish but more likely decision.

Back