3 Brutal Facts About Cain Velasquez

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
1. In the last 4 years Cain’s only had 1 win, Travis Browne. That’s the same amount as GSP (who beat Hendricks).

2. In the last 7 years Cain’s only faced 4 different opponents, and lost to 2 of them.

3. Neil Magny has had more fights since making his UFC debut in 2013, then Cain Velasquez has his entire 11 year career. Don’t even get started on Donald Cerrone.

Last edited:
By this point, I think it's pretty obvious Cain's prime was circa 5 years ago. His beat downs of Nog, Lesnar, JDS, and BF already cemented his legacy, regardless.

Cain has(had?) so much talent and potential. It seems like he may be almost done now though.

I always laugh when people consider Cain in the top 5 best heavyweights of all time

Cain has(had?) so much talent and potential. It seems like he may be almost done now though.
By this point, I think it's pretty obvious Cain's prime was circa 5 years ago.

His last fight really messed with my head. Cause maybe he's not done.

cain%2Bvelasquez%2Bufc%2B200%2Bkick.gif

My Cain hype died last year anyways, a little before my Khabib hype. Gotta stay active, fans are fickle

Nobody could beat prime, in shape, sea level, uninjured Cain. You'd seriously favor Stipe over that? I think not.

UFC 216 would have been a much bigger event had the Velasquez vs Miocic rumor been true. I miss seeing Cain fight, but I certainly don't miss him as champion. Ultimately, his loyalty to his camp will be his undoing.

I can't really call Cain a waste of talent though, he has accomplished more than 98 percent of UFC fighters have with the few fights he's had.

I'm sure we'll look back on Cain's career with a lot more rose-tintedness than we will on Neil Magny's.

Last edited:
At first, Cain was a waste of talent, after he lost to Werdum, he was a waste of time.

He gets a pass for making Brock quiver on the ground like a terrified little mouse being pounced on by a cat.

2. In the last 7 years Cain’s only faced 4 different opponents, and lost to 2 of them.

To be fair... on this point, I don't think it's exactly Cain's fault that the HW division was so shallow that him and JDS were bound to an inevitable trilogy of re-matches, with Bigfoot utilized as Cain-feed both times.

But overall... I do get the point you're making. Unfortunately for his legacy Cain will predominantly be remembered as an injury-prone fighter who had unbelievable potential, that was sadly never fully realized.

It's such a shame because he possesses some of the most impressive wins the UFC Heavyweight division has ever seen; Big Nog KO, Lesnar stoppage (to become champ), utter destruction & soul-taking of Bigfoot... not to mention the utter destruction & re-arrangement of JDS' face... to name a few.

I think it's a huge shame Cain never realized his full potential and will always argue that on his day he was one of the most skilled, fearsome Heavyweights the UFC has seen to this day.

I always laugh when people consider Cain in the top 5 best heavyweights of all time
I agree , Cain can't be on the top 5 best heavys for lack of fighting and breaks like glass. But prime Cain would beat any fighter in their prime.

He gets a pass for making Brock quiver on the ground like a terrified little mouse being pounced on by a cat.

He gets "a pass"? Man... seriously? One of the most talented HWs the UFC has seen has been deemed by you worthy of "a pass"

Seriously... better hope the cunt don't know you

2d6wgf8.jpg

love cain but over it too lol.

he's effin amazing but geezus with the injuries already.

The thing is that it's not like Cain currently has a fight booked or is expected to return any time soon.

Back