Joe Rogan on UFC 217: I’m hearing Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is not selling well

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Bisping vs. GSP. Now, I’m hearing, that that’s not selling well, Madison Square Garden,” Rogan told Eddie Bravo and Brendan Schaub during this weekend’s Fight Companion podcast. “That’s unfortunate.”

“Here’s the thing, though. If you really stop and think about it, that was four years ago since (St-Pierre) last fought Jonny Hendricks. The people that are into the UFC now, they’re post-Ronda Rousey, post-Conor McGregor, the casual fans.”

“The hardcore fans like you and I, we’re gonna watch that fight, for sure,” Rogan continued. “Like, ‘OK, I want to see what Bisping looks like fighting a guy like Georges St-Pierre who’s smaller than him, taken four years off. Bisping’s got this opportunity to make a shitload of money. And then Georges, how’s he gonna look? We haven’t seen him in four years.”

“He’s a little soft,” Rogan said while looking at a recent photo of St-Pierre. “Kind of heavy around the middle, (like he was) eating a lot. There’s a big difference between that and Kevin Lee (who) was jacked. Like that picture of him on top of Tony, when he was dropping bombs on him. Jacked.”

“Georges does not look that good. You can be in great shape at 35 years old, but it really, completely helps if you were super active for a long time.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...ng-georges-st-pierre-joe-rogan-sales-mma-news

It'll do well in ppv sales. Canada will step up..

Crap! That is really gonna hurt my share of the UFC's profits.

Smart people don't want to watch a old PED-free GSP.

1236166824_peeinmouth.gif

It'll sell fine... prob hit about 800-900k PPVs. The lowest I say is 700k George's has always been a draw and a star I don't buy the theory that all fans nowadays r only Connor and Ronda fans lol

I'm buying it because this is a stacked card, but Rogan is right about the casual fans

This is the Conor era, plus GSP has been gone for 4 years and most likely will have ring rust

Like Freddie Roach said, GSP's athleticism could make a difference, but Michael has been active and will be larger and will make this a fight imo

They shoulda did this one in Canada tbh

Still, to me, it's worth buying. Joanna, TJ vs Garbrandt, Masvidal vs Wonderboy, etc it's gonna be a fun card

Outside of a small poster up at the pub, i have seen virtually zero promotion for this fight.

It's weird because it's not just this fight, the UFC has really backed away from the promotional aspect bigtime.
The only overt promotion they get theses days is when Conor is doing the late night TV circuit.

he sees some data and starts explaining it away then attacks gsp
Who cares if he isnt as jacked as kevin lee. Not an onnit snake oil commercial

Last edited:
Hilarious. We couldn't get Bisping-Romero because it wasn't a "money" fight, and now the "money" fight isn't making money.

I couldn’t care less how many tickets sell. This card is stacked and I’m definitely gonna watch.

UFC is dead. It's time for the future of combat sports to take over.

vO745Z.gif

625493_v2.gif

The next big thing.

Rogan is quite the company man.

Bullshit card full of manlets, little girls and two men nearing 40 who won't fight much longer anyway. Meh . . . <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

I hope this PPV doesn't make much money, this idiots specially Bisping deserve it for pulling so many crap after winning the belt

“The hardcore fans like you and I, we’re gonna watch that fight, for sure,” Rogan continued.

<{cruzshake}>

No way I pay for a fake title-fight that makes no sense.
Rogan has lost his connection to the hardcores a long time ago.

Back