Did Jan pull off the best RNS ever?

The Moloko man

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Me and my buddies in my neighborhood cul de sac have been going back and forth onn the tweeter about
jan blanchowicz masterful submission
and his picture perfect execution of RNS technique...

So i was curious about your opinion sherdog....is blanchowicz rear naked sleeper on devin clark the best of all time....or are any of these better?

Sleeper Hold (2).gif
Ravishing rick rude VS. The nature boy Ric Flair -fall brawl 93

latest

Phyllis Summers vs Victor newman- the young and the restless

14ag407.gif

R-Truth VS. Dolph Ziggler

iwn1q1.gif

Brutus the barber beefcake-WWF house show

oxFcihR.gif

2 kangeroos fighting- date, venue and location unknown

......Feel free to add any if i missed your favorite
<mma4>

I vote for the kangaroos. We need a kangaroo division

man-punches-kangaroo.gif
Their stand-up needs work though..

I thought kangaroos were supposed to be almost deadly in hand to paw (?) combat but there's some drunk Aussie landing cleanly with the most telegraphed jab/hook ever.

Official name of that choke (Which Jan pulled off) is Bulldog Choke.

Full kangeroo fight for those interested

Both must have MT background with those kicks...must be pride rules too what with those strikes to a downed opponent....not like theres a ref around though so whatever i guess
<Fedor23>
Cheap shots lke that irk me though

Last edited:
Getting a standing rear naked choke without the hooks in is never considered a "masterful" rnc. It can work, but it's not masterful.

It's more of a comment on his opponent's lack of basic defense.

His opponent should have immediately turned into him, and since he didn't have the hooks, it would be easier to do. He simply didn't have the sensitivity to the position that an experienced grappler would have, and succumbed to the pressure rather quickly.

There is only one RNC and it's the "bloodshooter":

Demian+Maia+Neck+Cranks+Rick+Story+UFC+153.gif

Kangaroo held the choke way too long.

Jan's rear naked is impressive because it was standing. I don't know if its the best standing of all time but its rare as fuck to see that. Clark must be embarrassed, who the fuck gets caught in a standing rear naked?

Both keep their chins way too high. If they ever fight someone with more than a 42" reach, they're gonna get slept. ;)

I thought kangaroos were supposed to be almost deadly in hand to paw (?) combat but there's some drunk Aussie landing cleanly with the most telegraphed jab/hook ever.
They're not the same after USADA bro!
inline_roger3.jpg

2727595000000578-0-image-m-17_1427768578746.jpg

It was like a Bulldog/Anaconda....but watch Jan connect a cross left before that. That is why it was executed nicely, his opponent got hurt by a punch.

Back