Sage likely to lose next fight...

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
First they match him up with Makdessi who was 100% going to beat him, and then they match him up with some no name guy, who I just watched tape on him, looks more solid that Sage.

They recently featured him in that gay Reebok ad so they clearly need him around for marketing.

So what's UFC doing with Northcutt anyways?

First they match him up with Makdessi who was 100% going to beat him, and then they match him up with some no name guy, who I just watched tape on him, looks more solid that Sage.

They recently featured him in that gay Reebok ad so they clearly need him around for marketing.

So what's UFC doing with Northcutt anyways?
Your theory makes it more likely that Sage will win. Maybe Makdessi wasn't willing to take the dive and this no name is. You know, Reebok runs a tighter ship than the Sopranos.

Hope he wins. He lost to Bam Bam who is a tough sob and Mickey Gal who we don't know enough about. Is he even old enough to drink yet? He has plenty of time and potential to develop into a superb MMA fighter but people just wanted to hate on the guy from day one

Sage is like the discount Eric Silva. Gets undue hype due to his look. Don't hate the guy but that's how I see it.

a prime example of a talented kid bolstered into the spotlight to early. hoping they dont do the same with Mickey gall

Isn't Sage fighting some 145 lb dude that lost his last fight?
If they make people from lower weight classes go up to fight Sage that's pretty favorable matchmaking IMO.

Sage is like the discount Eric Silva. Gets undue hype due to his look. Don't hate the guy but that's how I see it.
Not a close comparison to Erick Silva. Sage is nothing like Erick. Sage at least has his full growth. That alone puts Erick in a different league considering his youth.

hes still undefeated at lightweight. A lot of people seem to forget that. He's too small for WW and never shudda gone there. The sage cho cho is still goin meng (at LW anyway)

If he starts losing to joe shmoes at LW, only then will all this hate be justified.

Last edited:
But now to the real question everyone wanna know: is Sage fighting on fightpass?

I could see it, Sage's biggest problem imo is that he's an "athlete" rather than a "fighter", which leads to things like bad fight IQ, inability to adjust during rounds, lack of composure when things aren't going his way, etc.

Quinones was game his last fight with Gordon but outmatched on the ground, I don't see Sage capitalizing in the same way as Gordon did vs Quinones.

Hope he wins. He lost to Bam Bam who is a tough sob and Mickey Gal who we don't know enough about. Is he even old enough to drink yet? He has plenty of time and potential to develop into a superb MMA fighter but people just wanted to hate on the guy from day one
Nah. We just want the best fight org on the planet to have the best fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back