Cody vs TJ is the real main event of UFC 217.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the real co-main event is Joanna Champion vs Thug Rose.

GSP vs Michael Bisping is a sorry excuse for a fight and belongs on the undercard.

For one thing Cody and TJ are both more skilled and more well rounded than GSP and Bisping will ever be. And this is a huge mismatch. Bisping will KO GSP with ease.

It's insulting to Cody / TJ and Joanna Champion that they are being played second fiddle to this freakshow.

Been hyped for this one since before Cody beat Dom
Edit : Same thing with Nunes Rousey, Dom and Cody should have been main at 207 but they gotta make that money with the gimmick fights

To be fair when was the last time a GSP or Bisping fight was on the undercard?

For sure it is, but the UFC is gonna trot out the clown show cause that's what sells.

What have TJ and Cody done in UFC compared to Bisping and/or GSP.

Manlets? Seriously? WMMA sold more than any manlet fight.

anyways... marketing aside

I like TJ in this tho

You're never same after surgery and TJ never lost title.

It’s not. Like, it just literally isn’t. GSP’s return is huge, bigger than any other fight aside from McGregor. Former WW Champion, who left with the belt, returning to fight the Middlerweight Champion for the belt, and arguably cement themselves as the greatest of all time is a big deal.

Cody v. TJ is still a crazy good fight. But it could just as easily headline a Fight Night card; Bisping/GSP would never under any circumstances not be on PPV.

What have TJ and Cody done in UFC compared to Bisping and/or GSP.

They fought at least once per 10 years without whining and nitpicking about who they are going to fight?

You have to negotiate 30 times to convince GSP to accept a fight and its the same for Bisping when it comes to fighting legit contenders.

And about what they did... TJ's title reign was easily better than Bisping's current reign and Cody is ranked P4P higher than Bisping ever was. Its a fight between 2 top10 P4P fighters ffs

Last edited:
ts is confused about what main event means. Its the fight most popular with fans. time to move on.

So I guess you will be leaving after the TJ vs Cody fight right. GTFO.

joanna/rose is a bigger mismatch. rose is gonna make pillowfisted joanna look like a killer.

In this case I understand the UFC. GSP was THE superstar back then and his return is big and I am sure GSP had his contract stipulations like main event..etc.

But from a sports perspective TJ vs. Garbrandt is my fight of the year! Two of the absolute technical elite fighting it out AND two fighters who really come to end the fight. No touch up running ala Cruz thank god. Thats a very rare thing happening. Like Canelo vs. GGG in boxing.

Only equivalent at the moment in terms of importance would imo be Ferguson vs. Conor.

Its like the difference between Mayweather coasting to his decisions in Vegas "undefeated" and de la Hoya coming to fight.

People overrating Bisping as he is the champ. GSP will win an easy decision if he hasn't decline too much.

However Cody / TJ is fight of the year.

And the real co-main event is Joanna Champion vs Thug Rose.

GSP vs Michael Bisping is a sorry excuse for a fight and belongs on the undercard.

For one thing Cody and TJ are both more skilled and more well rounded than GSP and Bisping will ever be. And this is a huge mismatch. Bisping will KO GSP with ease.

It's insulting to Cody / TJ and Joanna Champion that they are being played second fiddle to this freakshow.
Until Conor, GSP was the biggest draw in the company and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not right back at 2 or 3. He is definitely the draw on this card.
I care more about the Cody/TJ fight and just expect JoJed to make fairly light work of Rose on the feet. I don't know that ring rust is a factor for GSP's style so if he can get some take downs I give him a shot at winning.

It’s not. Like, it just literally isn’t. GSP’s return is huge, bigger than any other fight aside from McGregor. Former WW Champion, who left with the belt, returning to fight the Middlerweight Champion for the belt, and arguably cement themselves as the greatest of all time is a big deal.

Cody v. TJ is still a crazy good fight. But it could just as easily headline a Fight Night card; Bisping/GSP would never under any circumstances not be on PPV.

Apparently GSP is a freak show now, kind of like the CM Punk of 2017

It's kinda weird yes this fight is big enough to main event its own card .

Could be best fight of the year. Shame it's been put off for so long.

Those two put on the performances of a life time last December. Been looking forward to this one ever since.

Wait let me get this straight...Sherdog is saying manlets and women should be the main event over regular sized men?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back