Winner of GSP vs Bisping won't be the REAL champ

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In my opinion, whoever wins this "title" fight won't be the REAL champ at 185lbs.

Bisping clearly beat Rockhold to win the title, and was definitely the baddest man at 185 for a period, that is, until he "defended his title" against old man Hendo and barely won. This fight delegitimized Bisping's champ title, because there was a clear #1 contender at the time (Yoel Romero), and there was also several other REAL contenders in limbo, but instead Bisping chose to fight an old man that wasn't even ranked in the top 10 to defend his belt.
giphy.gif

To be a real champ you have to defend against contenders, and not ignore them so that you can say you "defended" your title multiple times.

The fact that he accepted this fight against GSP just makes my point stronger. Kudos to him for taking the money fight here, but it doesn't help legitimize his title in any way.

Luckily, the UFC already solved this issue and crowned the true champ of the division, Bobby Knuckles himself.

maxresdefault.jpg

Again, this is simply my opinion, I just felt like venting.

giphy.gif

Didn't read, just came here to say shut up you're wrong and leave.

And GSP already agreed to fight Whitaker after bisping. So that should clear it up for you.

MW will be back to having a champ that always defends against the 1 contender.

What if Jacare & Yoel were both overrated? Then Whitaker fought a bunch of #double digit cans .

ur correct OP this is white privileged pure and simple. First you got a white champ matching up with a rank 13 then an unranked GSP for sales to legacy white money. If I were running things Bisping woulda fought gay cuban jesus first - but UFC figured out how to eliminate him just make him fight and fight and fight....

After he beats Bisping, GSP will rule the div for as long as he wants.

Anyone untested against prime Rockhold/Bisping/Weidman has an unknown ranking.

PED-Chael had to beat Bisping to be a legit top 3 fighter. PED-Vitor had to fight Hendo, Bisping & Rockhold.

Silva had to test his legacy against Weidman twice.

The Dean of Mean got sent back to the double digits after fighting Rockhold.

David Branch got sent back to the double digits after fighting Rockhold.

Jacare/Whitaker/Yoel ducked Rockhold and demanded an easy-belt-fight.

Whitaker got destroyed by Weidboy Lite.

In my opinion, whoever wins this "title" fight won't be the REAL champ at 185lbs.

Bisping clearly beat Rockhold to win the title, and was definitely the baddest man at 185 for a period, that is, until he "defended his title" against old man Hendo and barely won. This fight delegitimized Bisping's champ title, because there was a clear #1 contender at the time (Yoel Romero), and there was also several other REAL contenders in limbo, but instead Bisping chose to fight an old man that wasn't even ranked in the top 10 to defend his belt.
giphy.gif

To be a real champ you have to defend against contenders, and not ignore them so that you can say you "defended" your title multiple times.

The fact that he accepted this fight against GSP just makes my point stronger. Kudos to him for taking the money fight here, but it doesn't help legitimize his title in any way.

Luckily, the UFC already solved this issue and crowned the true champ of the division, Bobby Knuckles himself.

maxresdefault.jpg

Again, this is simply my opinion, I just felt like venting.

giphy.gif

You are stupid.

Rob was supposed to vs Bisping to Unify but he is Injured!!!

Bobby Knuckles is injured you pleb Bisping isnt ducking him.

/thread

He'll retire after he loses to a legit contender. For now, he's trying to cash in on his unexpected fame before he's exposed and everyone realizes he's the weakest champ since Forrest Griffin. He knows he'll lose his next fight, and has nothing left to get another title shot with the shit performances he's had.

He's guilty of the Frankie Edgar syndrome, where he has the cardio to look extremely busy the entire fight, but never manages to do much damage. Sure he'll get some wins here and there, but he's always been extremely inconsistent against top level fighters.

He gets rocked in almost every fight, and doesn't have much power. He's the epitome of average, with only his cardio being in exceptional quality.

You are stupid.

/thread
Don't act like Bisping wouldn't have taken the GSP fight if he was offered Whittaker.

Agreed. This is the 2nd clown show defense in a row for Bisping after being gifted a TS. Whittaker is the real champ and has been the only guy at MW knocking off the top contenders. Whoever wins at 217 is nothing more than a placeholder.

Didn't read, just came here to say shut up you're wrong and leave.

Don't be all salty and shit, you're acting just like Bisping. He knows he running, but he can only run so long. That division has killers at the top and he isn't even good enough to hold their jockstraps. If he beats GSP I could see him retiring so he can "go out on top" and never face the real contenders in that division.

Don't be all salty and shit, you're acting just like Bisping. He knows he running, but he can only run so long. That division has killers at the top and he isn't even good enough to hold their jockstraps. If he beats GSP I could see him retiring so he can "go out on top" and never face the real contenders in that division.
He beat the champ therefor he's the champ, here's a tissue bitch.

You are stupid.

/thread
He was on Instagram after his fight training from then

He beat the champ therefor he's the champ, here's a tissue bitch.

LOL gotten to

He ain't no champ, chump maybe. You ever heard the phrase you're not a real champ until you defend the title? His first "defense" was against a guy that wasn't even top 5 in the division that he had no business even fighting. Now his 2nd "defense" is against a welterweight, again not even a top 5 mw. You can keep bullshittin but you and I know what's really going on

<JonesLaugh>

Apparently Whittaker hates Anik and the Bobby Knuckles moniker.

<{anton}>

i completely agree TS....

when gsp wins, i wont consider him a 2 division champion until he successfully defends....

he is fighting the easiest mw champ ever in a division where the top contender hasnt fought for the belt since 2015....

to me, gsp taking this fight hurts his legacy.....he should have challenged woodley instead.....

gsps old legacy was always about being the best ever, especially at 170......seeing him take a money fight against an inferior fighter is disappointing.....

Don't act like Bisping wouldn't have taken the GSP fight if he was offered Whittaker.

Don't act like any champ on the roster wouldn't take a lower risk, higher reward type fight given the opportunity. Woodley was calling out Nick "I haven't won a fight since I beat an old featherweight 6 years ago" Diaz. Hell, Mighty Mouse even takes lower risk, lower reward matchups.

Back