The end of the Mcgregor era...

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who else thinks Mcgregor's Era is going to come to an end soon? I say his next fight tbh. I say this mainly cause I get the feeling he's not focused on being great and winning and he's only focused on money and the fruits of his labor. The only other great athlete to ever be successful and focus on money and fruits of labor was Mayweather, but he came from a lineage of boxers. He's also been know to not use drugs and drink modestly. Mcgregor looks like he hits the sauce pretty hard and indulges in some nose candy here and there. I guess that's why it's much harder to stay on top than getting there. Time will tell, but I feel his end is near unfortunately and he'll be humbled soon.

He sells fights.

Depends on how long WME protects him. Imo he can tko Tony early in the fight. Assuming he gets past Tony who is next for him?

His era ended when he panic wrestled with Nate. And that's being generous. Could go all the way back to Duffy.

His era ended when he panic wrestled with Nate. And that's being generous. Could go all the way back to Duffy.

Lol, that's some pathetic hating. You don't even believe it yourself.

Conman never was great - he lost to a guy with 12 loses. He's a good talker and white so he has all the white legacy money buying his shit. Great white hope type thing. Like there is only 3 white champs so might as well invest in best talker out of them. He meets khabib or ferg in ring he's dead meat

The guy never had an era. He was a popular fighter with average skills, and an uncanny ability to capitalize on all the opportunities he was gifted.

To have an era, you need to cut down one number 1 contender after the other.

Maybe, since El Cucuy represents the pinnacle of a new breed fighter. But it was a good run nonetheless. 2 division simultaneous champ and gave us one mega fights after another, all his fights were exciting.

Conman never was great - he lost to a guy with 12 loses.
*11 loses

The weirdo in your AV is the one that lost to a guy with 12 Ls

VG9tfB.png

<13>

Aren't we all on the Lord Till bandwagon now or something?

Conor has kind of become a joke...like a has been who people want to see do big "freak show" fights but dont take seriously as a "real" contender.

Meh...Conor looked stupid in his last boxing match. Fight fans have find of written him off.

It must suck sitting in your computer chair hating Conor McGregor all day and wishing for his downfall.

He definitely hit his peak. His $100 million payday for the Floyd fight was a one and done kind of thing, and it's all downhill from here.

I think its come to an end already. The whole do whatever you want fight whoever you want thing kinda came to a close after the floyd fight. I don't see Connor wanting to have to keep fighting regular nobody contenders and defending for a long time, honestly prolly sounds boring to him. On top of that the dudes one dimensional and as soon as people can learn to avoid his power early its gonna get ugly for him.

Not a Connor fan at all, and im the first to reality check his nuthuggers but objectively speaking he has a good chance of beating most these guys at LW. Ferg is a monster but he has absolutely horrible defense. He regularly gets clocked and dropped early and like it or not Connor is good at finding peoples chin. If he drops ferg i can see him getting a quick ref stoppage. Ofc if Ferg weathers the storm early like he always does he's gonna strangle a gassed connor mid fight.

Then who else we got? kabob who can never make weight and is a world away from a title shot right now. Dudes a great wrestler but has absolutely no concept whatsoever of striking. IF Connor can stay away or stuff the TD's he's gonna fucking murder this guy. Then theres Gaethje? yo I love to watch the kid fight but anyone who blocks with their face is gonna have a shitty night vs McGoober. I can see barboza being a tough fight if he worked his way up further dudes a monster striker but has been plagued with a weak chin (tho its seemed alot better in recent fights)

One thing I will say about McG is the dude really backs himself into a corner with all the shit talk and to his credit he does everything he can to back it up. Biggest question about him (other than his cardio and one dimensional style ofc) is how motivated is he really gonna be after making all that money? He's been disillusioned with the fight game for years Im sure its hard to keep that hunger when you got a few mil in the bank. like the old boxing adage "hard to wake up and go running when you wearing silk boxers" or however it goes.

I think we'll see him comeback against Nate or Ferg and retire on a win, that or get strangled again and say he's had enough with this shit and ride off into the sunset. Never been a fan of him and always hated his legion of dorks but it'll be a bad day as an MMA fan. dude is single handedly carrying the UFC right now, theres literally NO other mainstream stars. WME really has a shit show on their hands lol.

Back