Remember when Shogun literally broke...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Brandon Vera and turned him into aloe Vera?
method=get&s=shogun-brandon-vera-gif.gif

the ol bait and switch

reminds me of thailand

Although Vera did actually look pretty good fighting someone who would exchange with him rather than just take him down on cage clinch him the whole fight.

What if Vera had been the champion by beating Mr. Timothy before he fought Randy? Would Brock still be a champion? I don't think so. History could had been different. Vera career is really fucked up, he should had been much more sucessfull.

Although Vera did actually look pretty good fighting someone who would exchange with him rather than just take him down on cage clinch him the whole fight.
Savage. Keep it going.
<[analyzed}>

Damn, and I thought Vera was going to be a two division champ! (HW&LHW)

Thanks a lot Shogun!!!!

Remember when Shogun got broke by Chael Sonnen and tapped out?
1174807_10151836248664479_401654072_n.0.jpg

I remember when Shogun was supposed to smash Vera and Vera almost finished him a few times before losing in the championship rounds.

I remember when Shogun was supposed to smash Vera and Vera almost finished him a few times before losing in the championship rounds.

Vera definitely didn't come close to finishing Shogun multiple times....

I remember all the talk about how Shogun was the best in the world and Pride was so much better. I remember the talk of how the ultimate fighter guys were a joke and the show was horrible. Then I remember the UFC bought Pride and matched up Shogun vs Ultimate fighter alumni Forrest Griffin and the TUF guy Forrest won.

What if Vera had been the champion by beating Mr. Timothy before he fought Randy? Would Brock still be a champion? I don't think so. History could had been different. Vera career is really fucked up, he should had been much more sucessfull.

Again I think Vera's problem was his massive weakness to grappling, granted he wasn't always THAT easy to take down but any kind of grappling threat got him very defensive cutting out most of the threat he had standing.

Back