retro vid: that time Nate Diaz & Robbie Lawler hung out at cafe

Robbie: "Who are you fighting?"
Nate: "Rory MacDonald, he's a young guy".

Years later, this young guy and Robbie himself would share the octagon in one of the best fights in the history of the sport.

Robbie keeps smelling his finger.

Must have been hanging out with a sherdog white belt the night before.

Robbie: "Who are you fighting?"
Nate: "Rory MacDonald, he's a young guy".

Years later, this young guy and Robbie himself would share the octagon in one of the best fights in the history of the sport.
Shared the octagon twice, actually.

lol@the end, who is the one saying "for some reason I thought he was a little taller" and who was he referring to?

That's actually pretty cool. Love the way Nate shakes Hughes' hand. So weird to see him humble lol

Little did robbie know he would be in a different organization in a different division years later and fight the guy Nate mentioned to the death

Nate is actually so polite and nice, i'm mindfuck

A lot of the stuff portrayed in the media is for promotional purposes. There is a lot of mutual respect between most of these guys. The Diaz bros ain't everyone's cup of tea but I like'em

lol@the end, who is the one saying "for some reason I thought he was a little taller" and who was he referring to?
Nick said it in the background and was speaking of Rory.

That's actually pretty cool. Love the way Nate shakes Hughes' hand. So weird to see him humble lol
Most new people don't realize MFS use to come of to Frisco and train often at Fairtex SF when Diaz bros, Irvin, Faber, Castillo, Terrell, Justin, Smith, Munoz, Cariaso, etc.. were training there.. Gil and Jake use to teach there before Gil started teaching out of his live/work loft, before he opened El Nino. So the relationship between Nate and Hughes, Nate and Robbie was established years ago, after Robbie and Nick fought.

lol at them discussing a young rory....

both of them had hell coming in the future from that guy....

Sweet vid. Nate before becoming a millionaire.

He even called Hughes sir, good man Nate. You gotta respect the legends of the sport, he just went up in my book.

Back