Old Welterweights are Doomed (Till and PMP are coming...)

latoya johnson

Double Black Card
@Green
Reaction score
I'm not buying this elitist hipster skepticism that Sherdog usually shows to prospects:
upload_2017-10-22_16-28-22.jpeg

Look at the top middleweights right now.
Woodley -- 35
Lawler -- 35
Thompson -- 34
Maia -- 39
Cerrone -- 34
Condit -- 33

Formerly...
Ellenberger -- 32
Brown -- 36

Kamaru, Perry, Pawnzzibio, and Till are gonna plow through them as soon as they're given a chance.

You love old fighters because they're familiar.
I remember foreseeing Jon Jones would dominate Shogun for the title and the whole LHW division, yet the MMA elitists denied it until it was undeniable. They said Jones was too green and Shogun would trounce him.

History repeats itself.

upload_2017-10-22_16-36-57.jpeg
Just admit ya bois are over the hill.

Last edited:
I was unaware Woodley was the middleweight champion. Weird.

It's an amateur sport these days. Anyone can show up and take out a top 10.

Objectively I cannot see perry or till being able to handle Woodley or Lawler. And seeing how cerrone was able to take till down when he was rocked I think Maia would likely submit till

I normally like rogan and till has more skill than perry no doubt but to say with complete confidence that till would fuck him up? I dont know man. Perry has thunder

I agree. All the top guys except for Woodley and Maia have slowed down A LOT. Cerrone and Lawler don't look like top fighters anymore. Ellenberger, obviously not.

It's about that time where new talent that everyone thinks is gatekeeper is going to start winning big fights.

Nah.

Woodley, Thompson, Ponzi, Covington, Masvidal will all likely still be around for about 3 or 4 more years.

By that point Till and Perry might be irrelevant and you will be telling us about the next "new wave."

I'm not buying this elitist hipster skepticism that Sherdog usually shows to prospects:
View attachment 291227

Woodley -- 35
Lawler -- 35
Thompson -- 34
Maia -- 39
Cerrone -- 34
Condit -- 33

Formerly...
Ellenberger -- 32
Brown -- 36

Kamaru, Perry, and Till are gonna plow through them as soon as they're given a chance.

I remember foreseeing Jon Jones would dominate Shogun for the title and the whole LHW division, yet the MMA elitists denied it until it was undeniable. They said Jones was too green and Shogun would trounce him.

History repeats itself.

View attachment 291231

Yair <<<<<< Frankie
Platbum <<<<< Alan Jouban
Till <<<<<<< To many to count

To be the man you gotta beat the man. For now Woodley is still king

View attachment 291227

Woodley -- 35
Lawler -- 35
Thompson -- 34
Maia -- 39
Cerrone -- 34
Condit -- 33

Formerly...
Ellenberger -- 32
Brown -- 36

Kamaru, Perry, Pawnzzibio, and Till are gonna plow through them as soon as they're given a chance.

History repeats itself.

View attachment 291231

Fuck no
Lawler and my guy Wonderboy will stop their hype trains
If panzinubio doesn't first!!!! lmfao

Being young in MMA is underrated. A lot favor vets as the best type of wins, but facing guys in their athletic prime is often more dangerous.

Usman is the killer at 170. I don't see how anyone beats him right now.

nah, those "new" guys are just the flavor of the month. They haven't really been tested yet. Not convinced any could be champ.

Back