Lina Länsberg thinks her fight against Aspen Ladd was stopped too early

Who cares, it’s WMMA

Was stopped a little premature, but she wasn't going anywhere, and was getting GnPed to Bolivian.

Nice that she wrote a book about it, but next time she should try to defend instead of covering her face with no response

Nah, gotta disagree. She was still moving and trying to get out of the bad position. Also that GnP wasn't doing much damage.

One of Cyborg's opponents was just smashed by a Flyweight. Let that sink in for a second. No amount of excuse-making is going to change that reality.

Last edited:
She wasn't fighting to win anyways. Just stalled up against the cage until she was overpowered on the mat. Garbage fighter. The sooner the better with that stoppage. Also, cut her ass.

has anyone clicked on this thread about wmma and pretended they dont like it yet?

anyways I kind of agree it was a little early

Yes, it was a bit early...

But.. she got the decision against Lucie Pudilova which was bullshit because she never won that fight...

getty_ufc-fight-night-lansberg-v-pudilova_spo_gyi654873602jpg-js309866612-e1489861772830.jpg

so these things even themselves out

Fighters need to stop complaining of early stoppages. It is not the refs job to assume that a fighter is tough and can survive tough situations. The fighter has to prove to the ref that he or she is still in the fight.

Look at Daniel Cormier. His speech is not as smooth anymore, after the Jon Jones fight. He is forgetting words and trying to cover it up.

That is what happens when the ref assumes you are a tough fighter that should take unnecessary punishment. Intelligent defend yourself, or the ref has every right to call the fight. I am even more convinced of this since Kevin Lee lied to the NSAC and they still allowed him to fight with a blood pressure of 106/52 and a heart rate of 130 BPM with an active staph infection.

We don't need somebody to die inside the Octagon, so people can get fake outraged, triggered and cringed. LOL

One of Cyborg's opponents was just smashed by a Flyweight. Let that sink in for a second. No amount of excuse-making is going to change that reality.

Normally I would agree with you, especially about Cyborg the cheat, but Aspen Ladd is no joke. She will be in title contention within 2 years I think.

I can see where she'd feel it was stopped a lil early, and Ladd's screaming might've influence the ref, but she wasn't really intelligently defending herself.

Ref stopped the fight to make Ladd stop shrieking, it was necessary self-defense.

Normally I would agree with you, especially about Cyborg the cheat, but Aspen Ladd is no joke. She will be in title contention within 2 years I think.
Besides, Cyborg has clearly been going 50%, carrying her opponents to try to bait a higher level opponent. Maybe Holly will take the bait. We'll see then what Cyborg can really do.

I'm just glad we got to hear her perspective on the screaming. I mean when I could audibly hear that, my first thought was what is that? and my second was, holy shit what must that sound like to Landsberg?

To me, premature stoppage. BUT Ladd was beating her up and it didn't look like it was getting any better for her.

Still a good win for Ladd in my opinion- she did what she does and did it well.

I do have to wonder though if the screaming was instrumental in the ref stopping when he did. Could be the equivalent of when a fighter flashes a look at the ref and the ref stands up due to inactivity. Maybe Ladd figured she'd go psycho mode and motivate the ref to stop it quicker.

Slick move if so.

A little early, but allowing it to continue was just delaying the invertible.

I've made some comments about this already.

I agree that the fight was stopped early but I feel okay about it as I have been following both fighters and know their skills. Aspen Ladd wasn't going anywhere and Lina Lansberg wasn't getting out from under her. (Edit. And the screaming. Yeah. Ladd is normally so stoic when she fights.)

Lansberg's takedown defense and overall ground game has always been a comparative hole in her MMA skillset. She is improving but she is not very strong there. Her first pro MMA bout was with Pannie Kianzad, at featherweight, in which (Kianzad) dominated with wrestling and grinding. Expected as Lansberg's strong suit is MT and striking in general. I did feel Lansberg was pretty decent even in that loss and have been keeping an eye on her career ever since.

Aspen Ladd is more well rounded then Lansberg. She still isn't as good as some people, particularly in striking, but she is fairly serviceable. And durable. Ladd started fighting MMA as an ammy at a young age, about 18, mostly at flyweight.

Ladd has grown up a bit and, after having a tough time making weight for one of her fights, ask Invicta if she could move up and fight at a higher weight class*.

Ladd's pro debut was against Ana Carolina Vidal at flyweight who has excellent bjj credentials.
2013 – IBJJF World No Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Black Belt Absolute (Silver)
2013 – IBJJF World No Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Black Belt Lightweight (Gold)
2013 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Black Belt Featherweight (Bronze)
2013 – IBJJF Pan Am Championships, Black Belt Lightweight (Gold)
2012 – IBJJF World No Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Black Belt Featherweight (Gold)
2012 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Brown Belt Absolute (Silver)
2012 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Brown Belt Lightweight (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF Pan Am Championships, Brown and Black Belts Lightweight (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Brown and Black Belts Featherweight (Bronze)
2011 – Abu Dhabi World Pro Jiu-Jitsu Cup, Lightweight (Bronze)
2009 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Brown and Black Belts Lightweight (Bronze)
2008 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Featherweight (Gold)
2007 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Absolute (Silver)
2007 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Featherweight (Silver)
2006 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Featherweight (Gold)
2005 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Blue Belt Light Featherweight (Gold)
2004 – IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Blue Belt Light Featherweight (Gold)
2004 – IBJJF Brazilian Nationals Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Juvenile Blue Belt Lightweight (Gold)

Ladd crushed her.

Ladd would run over Amanda Cooper at flyweight and defeat Kelly McGill at bantamweight, Ladd was a late replacement for Amber Lynn Orr for this later fight.

Next Ladd fought Jessica Hoy who has a mixed background in MT and Wrestling/Grappling. Not the credentials of Vidal but decent. Hoy also fought at lightweight prior to trying to fight at bantamweight in Invicta, first round was competitive but later Hoy gassed in the second round. (Another topic.) ( (Edit.) I recall Ladd came in overweight in this fight during the weigh in. 138.1lbs)**

There is a video on YouTube of Hoy in grappling, a man. 812K views.

Another vid from the same event.

Ladd would next fight Sijara Eubanks in Invicta. Eubanks is another high level grappler.

2013 – LOC MMA Amateur Bantamweight Champion
2012 – IBJJF European Open, Purple Belt Absolute (Silver)
2012 – IBJJF European Open, Purple Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Silver)
2012 – IBJJF Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Absolute (Medallist)
2012 – IBJJF Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Heavyweight (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF European Open, Purple Belt Absolute (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF European Open, Purple Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Absolute (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships, Purple Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF Brazilian Nationals, Purple Belt Absolute (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF Brazilian Nationals, Purple Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Gold)
2011 – IBJJF World Championships, Purple Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Silver)
2011 – IBJJF World No-Gi, Purple Belt Absolute (Bronze)
2011 – IBJJF World No-Gi, Purple Belt Heavyweight (Gold)
2011 – Abu Dhabi World Pro Trials, Purple/Brown/Black Belts (Gold)
2010 – IBJJF Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Blue Belt Absolute (Bronze)
2010 – IBJJF World Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Gold)
2010 – IBJJF Pan No Gi, Blue/Purple Belt (Gold)
2010 – WKA North American MMA Novice Champion, -155 lbs
2009 – IBJJF World Championships, Blue Belt Medium-Heavyweight (Bronze)

Ladd put Sijara on the ground and controlled her in round three after they had been trading punches and kicks and later Ladd preventing Sijara's takedown attempts.

*(At the same time Sijara Eubanks, her planned opponent at that time, also asked about fighting up at bantamweight due to her poor weight cut, and loss, against Katlyn Chookagian. Eubanks first pro fight was supposed to be flyweight but her opponent withdrew and the fight was set at bantamweight with a new opponent.)

Last edited:
Back